New Load One Gold Rewards Program!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought about handhelds and cell phone GPS devices immediately, but just as immediately realized that they aren't inherently dangerous. They're only dangerous if you use them in a dangerous manner. Handhelds, cell phones, Nuvis, they all have mounts so you can set them down while driving.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1368980812794.jpg

Just messing with you please don't make me turtle fodder. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some are taking it a little too literal i think. The device itself is not dangerous. However, A Semi would not want to rely on a passenger car GPS for bridge weights, heights, routes, etc. That could be dangerous or "unsafe".

I answered TRUE and got it wrong.

So, I gotta ask... exactly what type of GPS devices are UNsafe for all types of drivers? Are we talking about GPS devices which contain Li-Ion batteries that can get too hot and explode like a hand grenade? Are we talking about locator GPS devices that broadcast its location to you and miscreants alike?

The above paragraph is the question I posed to the good folks a Hinda.

The problem is, I can't think of a single GPS device that's UNsafe for all types of drivers. I can think of plenty of drivers who operate a GPS device unsafely, but the device itself isn't much of a danger to all types of drivers.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Some are taking it a little too literal i think. The device itself is not dangerous. However, A Semi would not want to rely on a passenger car GPS for bridge weights, heights, routes, etc. That could be dangerous or "unsafe".
That's true, but a Semi would not want to reply on a truck GPS for bridge weights, heights, routes or etc, either. That could be dangerous or "unsafe." The implication of the question is that is is, in fact, safe for a semi driver to rely on a truck-specific GPS, when nothing could be further from the truth.
z

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
According to the April 1, 2013 edition of Transport Topics, an estimated __________ of commercial motor vehicles on the road today electronically restrict (or govern) engine-powered speed to 68 mph or less.

I keep ducking this question....anyone?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's true, but a Semi would not want to reply on a truck GPS for bridge weights, heights, routes or etc, either. That could be dangerous or "unsafe." The implication of the question is that is is, in fact, safe for a semi driver to rely on a truck-specific GPS, when nothing could be further from the truth.
z

Don't over think the questions, they were made by simple minded folks. I guess that why I got it right :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are you kiddin' me?

Unless it is posted otherwise, the speed limit in a residential area is:
  • 25 miles per hour
  • whatever speed you feel comfortable driving
  • 35 miles per hour
  • 20 miles per hour
In Kentucky it's 35 MPH. In Ohio it's 25 MPH. In Texas it's 30 MPH. In Arizona it's 20 MPH.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
dirty headlamp question....most information I researched said up to 75% reduction...However the RIGHT answer is 50%....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you kiddin' me?

In Kentucky it's 35 MPH. In Ohio it's 25 MPH. In Texas it's 30 MPH. In Arizona it's 20 MPH.

by the quality of the questions...someone at Rewards is NOT taking their assignment seriously...Very unprofessional.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
What they need is a different approach....more surveys??....something different than quizzes. They are obviously not capable of conducting a trivia based system.

guido4475

Not a Member
What they need is a different approach....more surveys??....something different than quizzes. They are obviously not capable of conducting a trivia based system.

I'd sure like to know where they get their answers from sometimes....lol...or even the questions to begin with....

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I think the purpose is to generate traffic, so it could just as easily be a daily spin of the roulette wheel. That's how I look at the current setup, so I continue to log on and spin. If it was really roulette, they would probably have to get some kind of gambling permit.

eb

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
As for the surveys, I'm guessing someone has to commission one. The gold program first shows they have traffic (us spinning the roulette wheel) then they convince companies this is a good place to run a survey.

eb

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We just authorize them to do it for our company to help traffic and keep people engaged with the program. Wondering if I should just kill the trivia. Doesn't seem to have a positive effect.