Cargo Van New GM entry

John Cassidy

Active Expediter
Researching
Why doesn't Nissan follow suit like Ford and Dodge, and introduce the NV400 to the NA market? It certainly looks like a worthy competitor. I would definitely buy one, give the choice.

Reactions: Opel2010

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the Chevy looks like the short wheelbase version, probably around 108" of floor. That NV400 dually is really sharp looking. It might be a good suspect depending on drivetrain and thirst.

John Cassidy

Active Expediter
Researching
Well, I do have the 2012 Pathfinder v6, very reliable, thirsty, at about 23 mpg highway, which isn't that bad considering it's weight. Very powerful engine and transmission.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why doesn't Nissan follow suit like Ford and Dodge, and introduce the NV400 to the NA market? It certainly looks like a worthy competitor. I would definitely buy one, give the choice.
Not anytime soon... that's what they told me when I asked them...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I do have the 2012 Pathfinder v6, very reliable, thirsty, at about 23 mpg highway, which isn't that bad considering it's weight. Very powerful engine and transmission.
I have a 2012 NV V8 with almost 300K miles on it and the only problem so far was the a/c fan. Thirsty indeed, but well built.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ahhh, good. Maybe I wasn't hallucinating when I thought I saw a longer version a while back
And maybe you were.
Just as a longer version drove by.
Or as a short version drove by and you thought it was a long version.
Or you were looking at beef stew, dreaming of the ultimate van.

Reactions: RoadTime

NVpro14

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Nissan has recently (about a week ago) approved production of the 400. Nissan engineers are "extremely" picky when it comes to the NV lineup/commercial. That's why their backed up with a 5 year/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper factory warranty! Thats unheard of on a commercial use vehicle! I've got guys getting 120,000+ miles out of the original brakes! I've got access to over 300 vehicles that I could drive for work. I choose to drive my NV! (By the way, I'm getting the same if not a hair better MPG with the V8!)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nissan has recently (about a week ago) approved production of the 400. Nissan engineers are "extremely" picky when it comes to the NV lineup/commercial. That's why their backed up with a 5 year/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper factory warranty! Thats unheard of on a commercial use vehicle! I've got guys getting 120,000+ miles out of the original brakes! I've got access to over 300 vehicles that I could drive for work. I choose to drive my NV! (By the way, I'm getting the same if not a hair better MPG with the V8!)
OK. you're gonna have to be really careful not to cross the SPAM line with your replies. Supplying answers and giving pertinent information is fine, but spouting advertising copy hyperbole mixed with a testimonial isn't gonna fly here in the forums. For example...
Nissan has recently (about a week ago) approved production of the 400.
What does that even mean? The NV400 is a rebadged Renault Master (also Opel/Vauxhall Movano) and they've been making it in this 3rd generation since 2010.
Nissan engineers are "extremely" picky when it comes to the NV lineup/commercial.
Is that supposed to imply that the engineers at Ford, GM, Chrysler and Mercedes aren't "extremely" picky when it comes to their respective commercial lines?
That's why their backed up with a 5 year/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper factory warranty! Thats unheard of on a commercial use vehicle!
Exclamation points aside, it's not all that unheard of. Most other commercial vehicles have a 36-month 36,000 mile full coverage warranty, true enough, but other items including the drive train are usually covered for 5-7 years and up to 150,000 miles. My 2005 Sprinter came with the regular 3-year 36,000 mile warranty, but it covered wear parts (including brake pads and rotors), and it had a 7-year 100,000 mile warranty on the drive train. Vehicle warranties are mostly sales tools, anyway. The Nissan B2B warranty doesn't cover any wear parts beyond 12 month unless they were found to be actually defective.
I've got guys getting 120,000+ miles out of the original brakes!
I replaced my OEM front brakes at 240,065 miles and again at 491,519 miles, and replaced the rear brakes at 348,305 miles and again at 661,068 miles. And there are people in here who would call me brake happy.
I've got access to over 300 vehicles that I could drive for work. I choose to drive my NV!
A Nissan Commercial Vehicle Rep driving a Nissan Van? I'm shocked.
(By the way, I'm getting the same if not a hair better MPG with the V8!)
Advil gives you better pain relief! (than does repeatedly hitting yourself in the head with a hammer). Tide gets your whites whiter! (than does rubbing mud on them). Crest is the best! (never mind that every other toothpaste is exactly as good).

This is what happens when you toe over the SPAM line.

A Nissan Commercial Vehicle Rep can be a great asset to the expediting community and a valuable resource to expediters, provided he gives straightforward answers without any hype or sales pitch.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL....120+ miles on front brakes? I wouldn't be bragging.....on my third set of fronts....2nd set of rears....at over 1 million miles...do the math....comments I get....."don't you use your brakes?".....:p

yes Turtle is heavy brake user....LOL