Need opinion of exp.expeditors.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I have spoke with current drivers and everything is wonderful.
BUT, you know, everything is great with your company when you are employed there and ask any driver and they all are making money until you hire on then they all are broke. FUNNY how that works.
I dont know how to go about getting xDrivers contact information but I think it would give me the real scoop.
The owner gets $1.75 flat per loaded mile and $1.00 deadhead.
We will get 40%. He does DOD freight. Which we happen to be very experienced in.
I have spoke with a Tri-State owner and he wanted to pay 60% + FSC. we pay fuel. Is any drivers coming out on this deal?
how is the numbers working for you?
Also FedX. We would insist on white glove with our track record.
The truck owner was excited with the ideal. but was told we would have our performance evaluated over several months, then go on a waiting list for white glove. Can anyone tell me if this is fact? and what are they evaluating? How long is the waiting list?

Sounds like one Of Ken's trucks, If so he is a good owner and is all about business.

charlee

Seasoned Expediter
And if you mean Ken Jackson....he is now at Panther...and a very good owner all about business.

-charlotte

rpack41

Expert Expediter
We appreciate all the good advice ya'll are sharing. The smaller truck is a new ball game for us and we need all the help we can get. I am a good student. lol
Thank you Bruno and Charlotte. That is what I was wanting to hear. I have made some phone calls and have heard nothing but praise for this man.
Greg334, the reason I insist on WG is its the freight I know. It is what I am good at. The money isnt bad either.
I am doing all the research I can. I have jumped in a couple seats that felt like I was paying to drive. lol
We are going to give Panther a whirl. Seems they have alot less red tape.
Thxs Again, Rose

rpack41

Expert Expediter
Another Question for the experienced.
If we drive on a percentage base are we employee or sub-contractor? will we be 1040 or 1099? will we have to purchess our own occupational insurance? (workcomp) and handle our own tax?
Thanks a bunch, Rose

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We are paid on a 1099. We take care of our own taxes, deduct our occupational accident, and other expenses from the road