Need help please!

Nytmare897

Seasoned Expediter
Expedite for last 5 years. Looking for a good company to drive for. Must be no touch freight and no forced dispatch! Also I live in Central Pa. Any suggestions?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if there is any expedite company that's 100% no touch.

If I went back to driving straight trucks, I'd go back to C&M.

Nytmare897

Seasoned Expediter
Must are 98% no touch...i do not care as much about that as I do no forced dispatch. C and M no thank you they are who I just left

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Must are 98% no touch...i do not care as much about that as I do no forced dispatch. C and M no thank you they are who I just left
Very few, if any, expedite carriers have forced dispatch.
Most, if not all, expedite carriers have repercussions for turning down loads, especially if you turn down too many.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
No straight trucks. I own and drive a Ram Promaster 1500 Cargo Van
The problem is, most companies want you to be able to carry three pallets....and be willing to do hand unloads if it is required. The ones that don't care are usually the ones where you're not going to make any money. IE: desperate ones.

I've also noticed that companies are starting to dictate how long someone has to be out before they can go home.... As well as "punish" them for not taking loads they want to run.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Anuther slacker look'in for that hurahh for me and f u seems to me!

Drive2020

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
The problem is, most companies want you to be able to carry three pallets....and be willing to do hand unloads if it is required. The ones that don't care are usually the ones where you're not going to make any money. IE: desperate ones.

I've also noticed that companies are starting to dictate how long someone has to be out before they can go home.... As well as "punish" them for not taking loads they want to run.
What van can carry the 3 pallets. Ford Transit 150, 250 or 350? Same question for Ram 1500, 2500, 3500???

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Ford transit 2500 or 3500
Single rear wheel
Longest and tallest body
Under 10,000 total van weight meaning you plus your clothes and gear and no FREIGHT.
9990 vehicle door tag
- your scaled weight
= what you can carry

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I were going back out my first looks would be Load-1, Landstar, Fedex and Panther. Good luck.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
The problem with the promaster is that even if you can fit 3 pallets you need a place to sleep on those long runs.....freight does not make a good bed.
You're right. Times like those require you to fold your bed up and sleep sitting up in your front seat. Which absolutely sucks... Which is absolutely why when I used to do expedite I would limit myself to, two pallets.

Unfortunately with the amount of available drivers, companies are now able to dictate such a requirement.