Need help big time!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
my bill is at $11900 as of today, will provide you all, with all the work that was done, tell me if you think the dealer is milking me...i think they are, but what the hell do i know, my sprinter has 170k, and ran perfectly before this a holes messed it up, asked the dealer what the cost was for a new engine, they said 17k, go figure!!!!
True. The 06 and earlier engines are about $12,000, but the 07 and later ones are $17,000. You can rebuild an 07 for about $12,000, though, as long as it's not tore up too much inside. I know a guy who had an 08 and the timing chain snapped, and it was able to be rebuilt.

fredb29617

Seasoned Expediter
There is a guy in Toledo that does rebuilds for around 5000 send me your contact info and will get the info to you.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
another good reason not to own that pos . its sad that it needed glow plugs in the first place with only 170k. mercedes junk. buy american 04 gmc 489k running strong engine never touched. sorry about your luck get a lawyer.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
It will run great in warm weather even needing the glow plugs changed. Its when it starts getting cold that it becomes a problem. Ours were.done with over 300k on them by Wayne. As well as our EGR valve. He even came to where we were fo get us going in order to drive it to his place. He had no problems removing them, and even if he would have, he was properly prepared with the special tooling to remove them.