Need advice - no insurance - heart attack

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Friend just notified me of her friend that has had a very serious heart attack while away from home.

He had surgery last night and her and the dog are living in the truck/hotel and have no insurance.

She was told he could be in the hospital for 4 weeks and they need all the advice and help the Expedite community can give them.

I sent them the link to Saint Christophers Fund but I know of nothing else that might assist them.

Has anyone been through this or have some ideas that might help her and him get through this?

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Hospitals offer financial AIF based off from income. They will just need to prove their taxable income an fill out forms. There should be a social worked at the hospital to help set this up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Jenny's post is where I would start. Then they can see what their options are. They deal with that all the time. They likely will see more of it as even people with insurance won't have the money for many of the huge deductibles. That is one of the problems with Ocare. No deductible or copays, basically you have no insurance.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
The dead line to sign up is tomorrow. No harm can come from getting some insurance. My heart attack was $158,000 and l was only there 2 days.

bigrig33

Rookie Expediter
Driver
tell him to talk to the hospital peoples, maby the hospital or the doctors will do one of those write off thingy's, they do that stuff all the time, or i hear about such.