NC State Warning Speeders

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Canada pretends to be more European than US, but when it's about speed limit, they strongly deny it (btw, E.U. countries got 130 km/h [that's 80 MPH] speed limit on freeways and many four lane highways)...

Wrong....Canada does not pretend to be anything but what it is....Like the U.S. , its a great country...:)

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What I don't understand is my being treated as if I'm doing wrong by driving the posted speed limit.

Reactions: Moot

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I don't understand is my being treated as if I'm doing wrong by driving the posted speed limit.
Hey!!!

12494908_1101955276494213_3200288342868199769_n.jpg

Reactions: Ragman

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The cop didn't write the ticket for 71 mph (1 mile over the limit) and that's my point.
The funny part was when this guy went right away to a local lawyer, and without seeing the ticket, he asked my friend "what's the speed you got caught, 88?"...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
but on some high speed highways you actually need to be tested to be able to handle the speed....look at Texas already almost 700 traffic deaths in almost 4 months....
Ohio since the speed increase waay UP....Illinios again way up.....

If states are going to increase the speeds they need to revamp the testing of drivers....
we don't need the terrorists we already have them on our roads!!
I was talking about the speed limit in Canada, it's ridiculously slow 100 km/h... since you mentioned Texas, don't forget that "everything is bigger in Texas"... ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was talking about the speed limit in Canada, it's ridiculously slow 100 km/h... since you mentioned Texas, don't forget that "everything is bigger in Texas"... ;)
Not all Canada is 100kph....I think 75 ridiculous myself.....faster is not always better....IMO
also what they have now done is create an unsafe driving environment....those who want to go that fast and them that are not comfortable with the speed...and some find it a waste of money and refuse to pay MORE taxes at the pump caused by the higher speed....and now we have "split speed limits" ....an accidental consequence....as proven an unsafe practice....
The proof is right here on this page that split speed limit is in practice

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
but on some high speed highways you actually need to be tested to be able to handle the speed....look at Texas already almost 700 traffic deaths in almost 4 months....
Ohio since the speed increase waay UP....Illinios again way up.....

If states are going to increase the speeds they need to revamp the testing of drivers....
we don't need the terrorists we already have them on our roads!!

You can't compare Texas with Ohio. Texas has much bigger cities and a lot more interstates and highways. It is the second largest state. So yes traffic deaths would be higher.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can't compare Texas with Ohio. Texas has much bigger cities and a lot more interstates and highways. It is the second largest state. So yes traffic deaths would be higher.
sure i can....the media does things like that all day
and the stupid public eats it up......You are the first smart guy to pick up on it......Bravo buddy.....LOL

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Numbers alone don't tell the whole story. I wonder how states rank when going with percentages instead.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Numbers alone don't tell the whole story. I wonder how states rank when going with percentages instead.
They break it down by fatalities per population, per registered vehicles, per licensed drivers, and per miles driven. In all of those, Texas is about average. If you have an agenda, you can break it down between red and blue states, or by economic status, education level, worker class, whatever, and think you have discovered something important, because you think correlation equals causation. Essentially, fewer traffic related deaths occur in denser, more urbanized states. This is not surprising since people drive more and faster in less populous states and less and slower in denser, more urbanized, and more populated states where mass transit plays a factor, as well.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bush was at a grade school in Florida when two planes crashed into the World Trade Towers and Peter Jennings was still in bed.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Bush was at a grade school in Florida when two planes crashed into the World Trade Towers and Peter Jennings was still in bed.
But Jennings got out of bed and went to work and bush left Florida to tend to business while odrama went to a ball game with the communists and then flew to Argentina to Dance with a hottie!
Not to mention going to play golf on other occasions when he should have been setting an example to our country, not showing what a donkeyes ass looks like!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
It's respect Americans got killed in this bombing and it affects the entire world he really needs to open his eyes to it and admit these people hate our guts and will stop at nothing to harm us or our way of life, Americans are targets all over even here in the usa!