My trucks have been busy.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Congratulations Hawk! Please share the good the bad and the ugly of your new endeavor. I'm sure there will be alot to be learned without sharing the secrets ;)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You finally pulled the trigger. Congrats:D
Remember, the more control you have over "the beep" the better off you will be.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
It surely isn't a bed of roses to have your own authority..I know from experience. It was not with an expedited truck.. just a
Tractor pulling a van trailer. If you get your own customers and
not deal with brokers you may be ok. Brokers are a pain in the
you know where.. Lying , cheating, No paying sob's.

Good luck to you though!

fatboy

Seasoned Expediter
While expediting is a tiny slice of the transportation industry, there are numerous styles of expediting that people do.

Diane and I have zero interest in running under our own authority. That is not to take anything away from those that do. It is just that we value our free time. The people who describe the hard work they do and pride they take in finding their own loads, building a customer base, and managing receivables are welcome to it. We prefer to wait for the beep and say yes or no at that time. We used to have jobs that required our continual input to keep the money flowing. Now we let others find the freight for us and react to the beeps when they come.

To each their own.

I COULDNT AGREE MORE,WE LIKE OUR FREE TIME AS WELL PHIL YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !

fatboy

Seasoned Expediter
Are you talking T/T units or straight trucks when you say your trucks are busy? We stayed fairly busy when we owned our DR-Unit. When we purchased the T/T thats when we saw the change.

GUYS SOUNDS LIKE FROM READING SOME OF YOUR PREVIOUS POST YA'LL SHOULD GO BACK TO A DR UNIT, SO YA'LL WILL BE ABLE T HAVE LESS COST