My New Ride!!

are12

Expert Expediter
Jim decided I should have a toy of my own. So we brought this 2007 Ponitac Solstice home on Tuesday.

Needless to say, I love it!

AresCar-2.jpg

Last edited:

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
congrats... everyone needs at least one toy....a convertible to boot...great weather here this weekend in michigan, for cruising with the top down... drive safe

moose

Veteran Expediter
Congrats...
Might fit into a belly-box...
I dare you to try that fast&thefurious maneuver and go under a semi...

Moose.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Arlene: your new toy looks like some fun - I'd say enjoy, but I know you will. I'm not droolin, but am jealous, a teensy bit.:D

Hey Moose - you first!

moose

Veteran Expediter

Hey Moose - you first!

I have already Did.
Well, Kind of .
about 14 years ago, I was working the Fields in another Country (we will not get into it now)
to get to the farms area i was commuting on a Yamaha 600. off road .
one morning ,there was one of this agriculture sprayers , you know ,this 24 yard folding ones,
it was driving my way ,taking way more then one of the 2 lane roads ,and more then 6 mil. to get to my JD.
its had a good ground clearance .
so , I tagged in , pull it , and gone under. ... WoW...

as it turn up , it scared the S*@# out of the operator , so by the end of my 18 hours shift , I have found my Yamaha covered with oil, cow poo , and Beer ....
Oh well, live and learn.

Moose.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
It is a PONTIAC and a Convertable.

What more could I say? You need to read some of my old Posts. Convertables and A Pontiac. If you do not understand private EO me.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
is it the v-8?

i like the looks of the sky and soltise. reminds me of the sportscars of the 50's with the wheel arches.

wish they made one with a turbo diesel.:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've thought about a side door and ramp for the cargo box and a Smart car to park sideways in the nose of the box.

are12

Expert Expediter
My Solstice only has a 4 - I believe the horsepower is only 173 but that is enough power for me!

I know Jim really enjoys driving it - especially when we are in the mountains on the back roads. He just loves the way she handles in the curves.:eek:

I meant to take more pictures when I was home recently but was having too much fun enjoying the ride. I now have just under 4200 miles on it! Do you think it will be nice enough around Thanksgiving to take her out again??:eek:

Shah786

Seasoned Expediter
Congratulation and now you can go topless Any where without being charged:D
But your dogs i love themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Do you think it will be nice enough around Thanksgiving to take her out again??:eek:

Sure - if you move to Fla. :p But in Pa, I wouldn't plan on it until next spring. (Do they use cinders on the winter roads where you live? They did where my daughter lived, in SW Pa, and geez, what a mess!)

are12

Expert Expediter
Congratulation and now you can go topless Any where without being charged:D
But your dogs i love themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That is too funny! When I saw a buddy of mine, while home, he said the same thing!

Our dogs are our babies and we miss them the most when we are out here. Unfortunately, they will never get to go for a ride in my car. Just picture it, it would be a sight to see!:eek:

are12

Expert Expediter
Sure - if you move to Fla. :p But in Pa, I wouldn't plan on it until next spring. (Do they use cinders on the winter roads where you live? They did where my daughter lived, in SW Pa, and geez, what a mess!)[/quote]

Planning on taking a trip to FL in January but we will be taking the bike instead.

Yes, they use those awful cinders and they do make a mess. Of course, where we live, most people are grateful when they plow and cinder since it seems they like to forget about us. Me, on the other hand, I like to go when the roads are snow covered - the more the better.:p