My Battle of the Bulge

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
During the last 30+ days my weight looks like a bell curve. Too many splurges for "special occasions". Football, birthday parties, etc. In the end, I'm still happy with the results. Ending the curve with 2.4 pounds lost. Nothing to get excited about considering how long it took, but it did allow me to take joy in now weighing in at 209 pounds for a total weight loss to date of 61 pounds :)

the closer to the goal you get, the harder it is to lose.....you either have to drop more calories or step up with the exercise....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Decreased exercise has definitely been an on-going problem over this winter.

Have you tried the Soapbox ?

You can RUN your mouth, JUMP to conclusions, and BEAT UP those with opposing views.

Must be good cardio as it seems to get some people's blood pressure up. :)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The year in review (kind of).

The last three months I guess you can say was a plateau. Truth be told, more of my own sabotaging, getting better, but still unable to give up some of the binge eating habits that still plague me.

I was able to maintain weight between 204-209 but just couldn't seem to crack that big 200 level.

Until today. The last two weeks I seem to really be back on track, and for the first time that I can remember my weight does not begin with a 2.

Weighing in at 199. Main target reached. BMI Places me now at normal weight, albeit the very high end, but I'll take it.

Next target the final 20 pounds. Actually 14 pounds since my real goal is 185 the middle of my ideal weight range.

Next week will mark the one-year anniversary that I started this battle. What seemed like an unbelievable task is now becoming reality.

Ironically, the carnival is back in town that started this whole venture last year. My walk of shame when I was kicked off a carnival ride with my daughter, because I was too fat to be strapped in.

If I do make it back home in time and they're still there, it's going to take a lot not to return to that ride.

Starting weight 270
Current weight 199

Total loss to date 71 pounds :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The year in review (kind of).

The last three months I guess you can say was a plateau. Truth be told, more of my own sabotaging, getting better, but still unable to give up some of the binge eating habits that still plague me.

I was able to maintain weight between 204-209 but just couldn't seem to crack that big 200 level.

Until today. The last two weeks I seem to really be back on track, and for the first time that I can remember my weight does not begin with a 2.

Weighing in at 199. Main target reached. BMI Places me now at normal weight, albeit the very high end, but I'll take it.

Next target the final 20 pounds. Actually 14 pounds since my real goal is 185 the middle of my ideal weight range.

Next week will mark the one-year anniversary that I started this battle. What seemed like an unbelievable task is now becoming reality.

Ironically, the carnival is back in town that started this whole venture last year. My walk of shame when I was kicked off a carnival ride with my daughter, because I was too fat to be strapped in.

If I do make it back home in time and they're still there, it's going to take a lot not to return to that ride.

Starting weight 270
Current weight 199

Total loss to date 71 pounds :)

I ran into the same thing..But guess who will be taking his grandson on some carnival rides?....yeeeeehaw.....

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I ran into the same thing..But guess who will be taking his grandson on some carnival rides?....yeeeeehaw.....

Be careful about riding with no hands! I tore an abdomen muscle on Thunderation Coaster at Silver Dollar City a few years ago with my Grandaughter. No hands is for the young and fearless :D

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Road Time hows your losing going?

I did it this morning.....I hit 222 100 lbs lost!!!
dancinggif_zps712b5837.gif

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Just saw this thread for the first time. And here I was impressed with myself for losing almost 30 lbs. since January 1st. I have no shot at being the biggest loser now. Started at 220 now bouncing around 190, target weight is 175-180.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just saw this thread for the first time. And here I was impressed with myself for losing almost 30 lbs. since January 1st. I have no shot at being the biggest loser now. Started at 220 now bouncing around 190, target weight is 175-180.

you should still be impressed....it ain't no easy thing losing out here.....take your credit ...sir.....Great job!!!....:)