My 2015 Ford Transit Experience

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
That's not bad at all.

I prefer the synthetic oil, because it's fake and will make my engine last forever.

I've thought of trying synthetic when I get a new ride.. after all the good reviews I've heard ...but I didn't want to change anything on this one ...since it works, and using the same place for so long .

I've always used Rotella 15-40 in my diesels.

Old habits I guess.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Shell Rotella 15W-40 is on The List, which is the important thing. :D

When I first got mine I almost went with Rotella, because it's good oil and it's on The List. But then I found out the factory fill was Mobile 1 0W-40, so I stuck with that. I didn't want it to break in with one oil and then change to something else.

With synthetic you'll get better fuel mileage, extended change intervals, and because you use less oil that's generally a good thing anyway. But I wouldn't change oil now. It's much better to use the same oil in an engine forever, since the engine wears a little differently every time you dump in a different brand or viscosity, or change from dino to synthetic. Pick a good oil to start with, and stick with it.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Took one for a drive the other day, albeit empty it had a great ride and seems very fit for the Highway, good acceleration, easy shifts and the extra OD really made cruising 70 seem effortless and economical, stout build and parts, I like the Dieself Transit....this one only had the 4 wheel wheelbase but they are getting the Big Boy with Duals in Soon with all the extras....

They are building a new Transit Center in my town, Train, Bus, and Freight all from the one center, Ive been talking to The City and AMTRAK about handling freight deliverys as well as Train Crews, and or Airport Shuttles.....it might mean some trips to Chicago, KC, Nashville, Indy.....but there all a 5 hour drive and with this new Transit Center,,,,this might be the Transits HOME .....

Ive not got quotes on Insurance but Im going to be putting this all together and meeting with my bank, if its viable and can work, Ill jump in....if the facts dont work and the moneys not there well I cant jump anytime soon, next spring is the buildup of the Train station, and I think I can be on the ground floor here...Depending on what happens with my Mom is also going to make this LOCAL runs decision more important...

But I liked the transit Wagon that gives you seating for 8 and a nice cargo area....with power outlets, dual air, etc It might be a good little business.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bill...how in Sams bells can they say that?.....Obviously the smaller model will get more then the long, tall model....gee whiz...ball park numbers at best

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford already has tons of experience with vans and trucks it might not be that far off. I would call it an educated guess at the very least.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford already has tons of experience with vans and trucks it might not be that far off. I would call it an educated guess at the very least.

I guess one would apply the high and low range to each model....bigger = less....:)

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They claim the milage numbers are mid length and mid height with all the seating.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Let's face it. The operators right foot would greatly affect those numbers. Many of you guys are much more patient drivers than others. Steady saves fuel. I wouldn't put too terribly much weight on those numbers.
I would be willing to bet I could make an 05-06 Sprinter get 15-16 MPG.
I don't have those good fuel saving habits that many of you do.
We've all seen some great numbers on here. Sure, equipment is a huge factor.
But that right foot..........

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with Murray on this one when in service running carefully I can pull 22-24 but when it's time to come home.... 16-17 lol

Sent from my flying circus

Krig

Rookie Expediter
Those diesel mileage figures trounce the Sprinter.

I wonder why Ford avoided publishing them. :confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They do the six cylinder by a good amount but the new 4 by not that much

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They do the six cylinder by a good amount but the new 4 by not that much

Here is the Diesel torque and horsepower numbers for comparison. The diesel comes with 3.31 rear axle ratio with a 3.73 as an option. Same 6 speed automatic as the gas vans.
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1405042825.624525.jpg
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1405042920.626362.jpg

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I placed my order today for the Long Extended Length, Highest Roof in a 350 SRW. I went with the 3.7 and 3.73 gears. Wish me luck, it's a first year truck.
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1405043149.636550.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did they give you an approximate delivery date? Did you order through Luther?

I'm still waiting to test drive one. I drove past one last Thursday sitting at a dealership in Liberty, MO. just a few miles up the pike from Claycomo. It was during rush hour and the ramp to that exit was all backed up so I drove on by.

Saturday I called Boyer Ford in Minneapolis. Their website shows 11 Transits but none on their lots. Must be the official Ghost Rider version.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Projected build date of late August with a mid September delivery date. They have 2 in stock, their setting up the 250 today and letting me put a 50 mile test drive on it tomorrow. Told them I want to go I-94 west from Milwaukee to Waukesha and see how well it pulls that long hill at 65 mph with the cruise control on. $200 deposit and $800 below dealer invoice.