Movie list

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep, exceptions to my rule. Cool Hand Luke I'll watch again and again. Has bad ending, sort of. He dies.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, I got one. The movie is Arlington Road. It was very suspenseful, but the ending was so bad that it killed it for me. No pun intended.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok, I got one. The movie is Arlington Road.
That's a really good movie. But like most suspense thrillers, it's a one-time viewing for me. Once you've seem 'em, both the suspense, and the thrill is gone. I started watching that one again not too long ago, and gave up 20 minutes in to it, because I knew what was gonna happen.

A couple of possible exception to the suspense thrillers are "Suspect" (1987, Cher, Liam Neeson, Dennis Quaid), and No Way Out" (1987, Kevin Costner, Gene Hackman, Sean Young).

A few others I don't tire of watching, in addition to Bull Durham, are Major League, Field of Dreams, Finding Forrester. Amadeus. (Amadeus, The Right Stuff, Silverado and Shawshank are probably my top all-time 4 favorites).

Reactions: muttly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok, I got one. The movie is Arlington Road.
That's a really good movie. But like most suspense thrillers, it's a one-time viewing for me. Once you've seem 'em, both the suspense, and the thrill is gone. I started watching that one again not too long ago, and gave up 20 minutes in to it, because I knew what was gonna happen.

A couple of possible exception to the suspense thrillers are "Suspect" (1987, Cher, Liam Neeson, Dennis Quaid), and No Way Out" (1987, Kevin Costner, Gene Hackman, Sean Young).

A few others I don't tire of watching, in addition to Bull Durham, are Major League, Field of Dreams, Finding Forrester. Amadeus. (Amadeus, The Right Stuff, Silverado and Shawshank are probably my top all-time 4 favorites).

No Way Out is a good one that many will not recall.
The Untouchables is awesome. Costner, Connery, De Niro ... even Andy Garcia's terrible WOP accent couldn't tarnish this movie. De Palma, the cinematography, the music ..

Kevin Costner may have the most hits:
Silverado
The Untouchables
No Way Out
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Dances With Wolves

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
What is the thriller I am thinking of, can't remember name, woman married to super controlling OCD guy, meets new neighbor down the beach and he helps her get away........ Eventually husband finds her???

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What is the thriller I am thinking of, can't remember name, woman married to super controlling OCD guy, meets new neighbor down the beach and he helps her get away........ Eventually husband finds her???

Sounds like Sleeping with the Enemy. Julia Roberts (schwang!).

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another one in the thumbs down category: Mr Holland's Opus. It wasn't terrible, but THE MOVIE WOULD NOT END. It kept going on and on. It could have ended a few different times, but instead the movie continued. Just god awful too long.
Movie running time is 2 hrs 23 min. or almost the time it takes you to go from Detroit to Grand Rapids.
So no interest in watching again.

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Never saw that one, too long, my attention span is only.......Wait, what?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Growing up one of my favorites that I watched over and over was Palm Springs Weekend 1963