More Posters please

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Ok I have a couple of good friends tell me they see my posts. For all you that come on here and do not Post Please do. I am tired of reading MY OWN POSTS.

Why would people visit time and time again and not post? My friends have long conversations with me with many answers to my questions and questions to me,comments about others here. So come on friends and friends to be, we all cannot get to help each other let alone ever meet each other if you do not participate.

If you screw up so be it, its fun once in a while right Leonard (who by the way has been silent for to long).

Cheap shot, your it.

leymas

Expert Expediter
What I can't understand with all the expediters out on the roads and only a dozen or so that ever come around here and post. When I first found this site I started reading old post from yrs ago. I see names from back then, that post no longer. makes you wonder what happen to them.

I'm just around here learning what I can and watching how the industry doe's. I want to get back into OTR but have a few more yrs to wait. :-( ( single parent)

I remember seeing expediters when I was OTR but didn't know what they was. any ways I might not post often because I don't have a lot experience but I be in the shadows reading every day.

have a good day. drive safe. Hope you all get lot's of miles.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I'm with you. I have to admit, I read this site for 2 years before I ever posted. Sometimes it's hard to believe that you may have anything to contribute. Still it's hard to post and give good advice or comments.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Well I for have to admit that I came here to the site for several months before I posted because I was thinking I had nothing to say or that It really wouldn't matter,But hey I was wrong I have found out that we all have something to offer,And its great keeping up with things in here,And giving our 2 cents for what its worth...

Tec1959 :)

Wolf_Exp

Expert Expediter
I don't post too much because I've only been doing this since January. Thats only 6 months. What brilliant words of advice to I have to say? LOL :+

I do say one thing-- after 6 months I thought about it yesturday (Friday) there has got to be an easier way to get those pallets strapped down and the second pallet out of the vans with out having to climb into the van. I mean Im either on my knees or standing up- bent over. Its umcomphy-- im getting to old to be doing that stuff LOL.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
OK, you guilt-tripped me into posting....Like Diesel, I have been expediting since January, co-driving with an o/o, and now I'm preparing to be an o/o. So I have a lot more questions than answers (and one that comes to mind is: why do expediters stay at truck stops? I drove a semi for awhile, and one thing I like about a van is NOT having to go to truck stops, except for showers!) But I don't want to post a question until I've read as many forums as I can, because it may have already been asked & answered. So I'm making like a sponge, just soaking up all the good stuff, and I'm really grateful for the chance to learn. You guys rock! :) :) :)

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Heya Broom,

I basically try & post when I feel I have something to add, which I'll do in the next few paragraphs. In some of the recent threads, I had no real opinions on anything. Plus, my focus has been more on family challenges & home improvements recently. I haven't been in service these last 2 weeks.

As for your cooling problems, ya may wanna go w/ a swamp cooler. They have small ones for about $300 & a power source that holds about 40 hours of charge (something like that) for another 300. It's in the "Truck talk" section of this forum. Maybe a month or so back. Good luck in stayin cool.

Wolf,

How I have my van set up is that I only have 49 inches of space from side to side. Then I just put a strap in to keep the freight from sliding forward. I can't take those big metal bins w/ the 4 legs cuz they're too big. But ya know what? GOOD!!! =) All those things do is tear up my flooring. Unfortunately, I CAN take the smaller metal bins & those things have torn it up some. If I can figure out how to put a pic in here, I'll do it. If not ya can email me & I can send it to ya that way.

As for the 2nd skid, ya may wanna get a towing rope. Attach one end to the skid & hook the other end to the forklift & the forklift can slide it out for ya. Hope that helps some.

Cheri,

You bring up a good point. I mean about wanting to read the archives because ya don't want to ask a question that's been asked before. My opinion on that is "nuts on the archives!!" =) It'll take ya forever to come across the question ya wanna ask. I agree w/ Broom in that it's more fun to come on here & read a lot of things rather than 2 new posts since ya last came here.

Answering something only takes a minute or so. Plus, on some things we may change our minds. I know that my feelings on going to Canada (well, coming back to the US) change a fair amount. I've thought about the pros & cons of getting a part time job to cover the slow times. I guess it depends on when I'm asked the question as to what my reply would be. Sometimes a question can make ya think of something that hasn't been thought of before. Therefore, feel free to ask it.

Be well all,
Danny

Drluvv

Expert Expediter
I've been posting heavily for the past month and a half, but took time off to give others a turn.LOL I have to agree with Broom, I too haven't seen too much posts, or posts dealing with topics that were worth replying too. In order to get other drivers out there to start posting more I might just start leaving posts that'll piss them off talking about politics, religion, and how truck drivers don't know how to drive.LOL

raceman

Veteran Expediter
What did I miss? Are you asking for new people or what? I was thinking the site seems quite but I thought was just the argueing had died off.

As for new people, you all have opinions, it matters not how much experience you have. Common sence and logic are always welcomed.

Raceman
OTR O/O

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Busted - now I have to admit that I read everything because I like to read and have been a "bookworm" (which doesn't translate well to the 'puter - who wants to be a 'puter worm?!) all my life. Since y'all asked for it, I will throw out a topic on which I could use some advice. And a variety of ideas would be very welcome. How do you arrange for sleeping in your van? The o/o I've been with has a mattress behind the seats, with a second one for me that is put against the sidewall while under a load. This was not the best arrangement for me, as the memory foam job against the seats kept pushing my cooler up against the doghouse. It would'nt cool because whichever way it was turned, it could'nt exhaust the heat. This made it hard for me to bring food & drink to save money. I thought maybe a board between matress & cooler, like the one between load & bed? Any & all suggestions are welcome....:) :) :)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm glad I jumped in on a couple of things today! I would'nt want to get sent to the EO Principles office.

leymas

Expert Expediter
Don't even sound like a sleeper.
A quote from X1 in the truck topic 913

In accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations section 393.76, to be legal a sleeper berth must:
1. Be a minimum of 75 inches long.
2. Be a minimum of 24 inches wide.
3. Be at least 24 inches from the top of the mattress to the ceiling.
4. Have easy access to and from the drivers compartment.
5. Be compartmentalized away from the freight area.
6. Be generally rectangular in shape.
7. Be adequately equipped for sleeping (mattress, blankets, etc.)
8. Be isolated from exhaust fumes and adequately ventilated.

You said before you was moving up to to a 0/O your self? So may be that would take care of your sleeping arrangements.

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
I can certainly understand someones reluctance to post after going thru the personal slamming that had taken place here, not all that long ago.

But in expediting, just as in other things, we all come from various other careers and backgrounds. And that means we all look at things differently.

So if you have an idea about something, by all means post! It may work for someone else, or no one else, or be a complete God-send.
Everyone's point is valid.

And just to keep things civil, if you have a complete different point of view I would suggest there is no need to blast the other person, or defame them. Just start your post with 'I've found . . .', or 'When we had that happen we . . .' or something similar.

Lets keep the new blood coming in and keep this site a very viable open discussion and exchange of information. After all, my opinion is it is the top of the ladder.

The Gibster

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No one is more of an expert on their opinion than themselves.;)

Davekc