Missing/Stolen Truck

Fender39

Rookie Expediter
I will play it safe and not post his name here. If anyone has spoken with a driver looking for work in the Atlanta area or Columbus, OH area, please PM me. He has tried getting a job with an owner out of Atlanta as of Monday, May 11th. He told them a story about how how his previous employer (myself) owes him money and screwed him over... (This is the same story he told me when I was looking at hiring him too)

Like I said, please PM me... I don't want him to screw over anyone else or cause any trouble for anyone on this forum.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
If I post a false story and a name ,yes he may have a case . But he has to prove that the story was not true .Once he have proved that the statement is in fact false, he has to prove that I post the false statement with the intent of causing him some form of harm.So if your story is true, he has no case.

If a man breaks in your house, then you shoot him and injury that person. He can take you to court and sue you for that. Any good lawyer can find a reason to sue you if you post something about someone. Then you have to hire a lawyer to defend yourself, which costs money. So it's just better not to post a person name. As Turtle said its also a code of conduct violation of Expediters Online also.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
If a man breaks in your house, then you shoot him and injury that person. He can take you to court and sue you for that. Any good lawyer can find a reason to sue you if you post something about someone. Then you have to hire a lawyer to defend yourself, which costs money. So it's just better not to post a person name. As Turtle said its also a code of conduct violation of Expediters Online also.
Ok :)) so if somebody breaks in your house, you will not shoot him because you afraid that he may sue you :).

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok :)) so if somebody breaks in your house, you will not shoot him because you afraid that he may sue you :).

"No problems here officer. What burglary? No , that is just a freshly tilled garden." ...Lawsuit averted:D;)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

I didn't say that, I said he can sue you for shooting him. The point I'm making is people can sue you for anything right or wrong. It's gone to cost you money to defend yourself even if you win. It still cost you money to hire a Lawyer.

Reactions: xiggi

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I didn't say that, I said he can sue you for shooting him. The point I'm making is people can sue you for anything right or wrong. It's gone to cost you money to defend yourself even if you win. It still cost you money to hire a Lawyer.

I know, I just kidding:)

Reactions: Bruno

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I will play it safe and not post his name here. If anyone has spoken with a driver looking for work in the Atlanta area or Columbus, OH area, please PM me. He has tried getting a job with an owner out of Atlanta as of Monday, May 11th. He told them a story about how how his previous employer (myself) owes him money and screwed him over... (This is the same story he told me when I was looking at hiring him too)

Like I said, please PM me... I don't want him to screw over anyone else or cause any trouble for anyone on this forum.
Look at EO's Classified Ads where Drivers Post they're looking for work. There is someone saying they want to drive a Cargo Van and they're in Columbus.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Code of conduct??? The dude has his 40 thousand dollar van for Christ sakes. Maybe posting his name will stop him from doing this to someone els.
Hey this sounds like the same dude that took my Van a few years ago.He lived in Columbus,Oh took me 2 months to get it back.The Insurance company hired a P.I. he spent most of this checking me out.Got back after Police found it in a crack house apt building parking lot.Towing,impound fees,ect cost me a few bucks.That guy name was the same as that General at the Little Big Horn. I tried to post this at this site and they removed it.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No Qualcomm to locate it with? You might have some recourse against the company that did not do a background check before referring him to you, depending on what the company's policies and contracts say.

Fender39

Rookie Expediter
I've already got an attorney working that matter. No qualcom or GPS on the van. (a hard lesson learned there).

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I do not know how you guys do you IC contracts concerning you vehicles, but May I suggest to prevent something like this,again.
Do what loan and furniture rental companies do, By requiring driver to name a relative(not at same address) and another contact. This could reduce the chance that the person will not take the truck and keep it. Just saying

Reactions: Windsor

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I, too, hate unsolved mysteries, lol.
BTW, there's an easy solution to the post/don't post dilemma: don't post [others who have the same or nearly same name could be harmed, or the whole story could be invented, for all we know].
Those who have a legitimate need to know [fleet owners], can send a private msg requesting more info. Problem solved.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
By the time you get the van back, lawyer fees, lost wages/income, tons of paperwork, court hearings and delays, fix any damage to van, this ride will be very expensive....................

Reactions: Pro3500