Missing/Stolen Truck

Fender39

Rookie Expediter
Hello EO friends,

I've got a bit of a bit of a conundrum... Long story short, my van has been stolen by my driver... Last definite known location was Atlanta, GA but was reported possibly in Knoxville, TN. Driver lives in Columbus, OH area. I've notified PD's in Columbus, Atlanta, Knoxville and Chicago. There is a police report for stolen vehicle.

The van is a 2014 Dodge Promaster 2500 long wb hi roof. Color white. License plates: Class "D" 362030. No significant markings or lettering however there is a van number on the rear doors and both front fenders. Van number is 2986 and is in blue lettering.

Van was supposed to be heading towards Chicago from Atlanta. Driver lives in Columbus, OH area, so I suspect it is there. Company we are driving with took this driver's Syllectus app offline after driver was terminated by company. Driver was supposed to be returning the van to me in Chicago.

Like I said, we've reported this to the police and our insurance company. Now it's just a matter of locating the vehicle.

PLEASE let me know if you have any information.

I appreciate your help.

Adam

Reactions: deadhead

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello EO friends,

I've got a bit of a bit of a conundrum... Long story short, my van has been stolen by my driver... Last definite known location was Atlanta, GA but was reported possibly in Knoxville, TN. Driver lives in Columbus, OH area. I've notified PD's in Columbus, Atlanta, Knoxville and Chicago. There is a police report for stolen vehicle.

The van is a 2014 Dodge Promaster 2500 long wb hi roof. Color white. License plates: Class "D" 362030. No significant markings or lettering however there is a van number on the rear doors and both front fenders. Van number is 2986 and is in blue lettering.

Van was supposed to be heading towards Chicago from Atlanta. Driver lives in Columbus, OH area, so I suspect it is there. Company we are driving with took this driver's Syllectus app offline after driver was terminated by company. Driver was supposed to be returning the van to me in Chicago.

Like I said, we've reported this to the police and our insurance company. Now it's just a matter of locating the vehicle.

PLEASE let me know if you have any information.

I appreciate your help.

Adam
Am in NW OH now...if I see it, I'll give Ya a holler here. Good luck.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Really sorry but how can you just give a 40K van to somebody without putting a gps under the dash?I hope you will find it in good condition. PM the driver name pls

Reactions: Opel2010

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
When was Driver told to return the Van? Not sticking up for him,but you must give him a reasonable amount of time to return it. In most States this holds true.

Having custody of a vehicle, boat or aircraft pursuant to an agreement with the owner thereof whereby such vehicle, boat or aircraft is to be returned to the owner at a specified time, the person knowingly retains or withholds possession thereof without consent of the owner for so lengthy a period beyond the specified time as to render such retention or possession a gross deviation from the agreement.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Sally & I may be going to Columbus tonight. Depending on where he lives we may be able to do a drive by. Email address to me at [email protected] if interested.
Good luck!!

Last edited:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Really sorry but how can you just give a 40K van to somebody without putting a gps under the dash?I hope you will find it in good condition. PM the driver name pls

On that note, sometimes lease/finance companies will have a tracker and a remote disabled device installed. It is a long shot but worth a call if it is financed. We found one installed on the truck we bough. When I discovered it, I contacted the company to see if they wanted it back. I was told we can keep it. Good luck on recovering it and please keep us updated.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
If the state of Ohio gets them, they will be sorry. Read this. http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2913.03

Just one part.

(D)

(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of unauthorized use of a vehicle.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in division (D)(4) of this section, a violation of division (A) of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(3) Except as otherwise provided in division (D)(4) of this section, a violation of division (B) of this section is a felony of the fifth degree.

Fender39

Rookie Expediter
We learned a lot here the hard way... I'll have to check with the finance company to see if there's any kind of GPS.
I basically let him know on Monday that some things have changed and we wanted the bring the van back up to Chicago. We were on good terms. I told him that he could leave the van in Atlanta (where I could pick it up) or he could drive it me and I would pay him is salary plus get him a bus ticket home. He agreed and never showed. This conversation took place on Monday the 11th, I gave him until Thursday the 15th to get it up.

It's a long story with a lot of intricate details. I sincerely appreciate everyone's help. Many lessons learned here.

Fender39

Rookie Expediter
Single carrier... However, the reason why the van needed to be brought to me is because the driver got our contract terminated due to very poor performance. We were running for a carrier out of Michigan

Fender39

Rookie Expediter
Should I put his name on the forum? I just got word that he is applying for other companies and other owners and lying to them about details. I don't want anyone else getting screwed over by this guy. At the very least, he is the last known driver of a stolen vehicle.

Reactions: vandriver2

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Should I put his name on the forum? I just got word that he is applying for other companies and other owners and lying to them about details. I don't want anyone else getting screwed over by this guy. At the very least, he is the last known driver of a stolen vehicle.
Get the van back before proceeding any further. IMO, of course.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Take to court for what?I mean somebody stealing your car and you post an accurate story and still you the bad guy? If somebody steal my van I will put his name on forum no doubt.At least nobody will hire him anymore....Posting name, address, phone numbers, and e-mail is not defamation. Defamation requires, among other things, a false statement of fact that is damaging to the subject's reputation. /QUOTE]

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Defamation of character? I don't/didn't know...was just wondering....

Last edited:

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Defamation of character?
If I post a false story and a name ,yes he may have a case . But he has to prove that the story was not true .Once he have proved that the statement is in fact false, he has to prove that I post the false statement with the intent of causing him some form of harm.So if your story is true, he has no case.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are many cases where a good attorney can turn things around based on just ONE wrong word, Better not to post it, IMHO , of course.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Code of Conduct covers pretty well the posting of personal information.