Misplaced Priorities

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Where do we have another civil war going on?

Where they kill town officials like police and prosecutors?

Where there is a power play by those who want to remain in power?

Where we have beheading, executions and other horrible crimes against men, women and children?

Where over 30,000 people have died in 5 years, and in one year 15,000 alone?

Mexico!

Why are we even dealing with Libya when we have this same thing going on in Mexico BUT a lot worse.

Maybe we need to stop worrying about liberating the rebels of Libya and start worrying about liberating the people of Mexico.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They aren't the same. The Obama administration would say Mexicans are US citizens. :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We sat and watched as the Soviet Union enslaved much of Eastern Europe and murdered millions. We sit and watch as China is doing the same in Tibet and Burma. The civil war in Libya is none of our business and we should NOT be involved.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What is with you and Tibet? You meet up with Richard Gere?

Nope, just pointing out that there are MANY places around the globe that are being enslaved by other countries and we do NOTHING for those people. Just pointing out that when we have fought in other places that people were being murdered wholesale, like Vietnam, soooo many said that it was "a civil war" and none of our business. Amazing, many of the same people are now calling for us to go into Libya.

Besides, the Tibetan people don't bother anybody. Burma is a mess too thanks to China. Why are we not going after a regime change in China? They are a FAR greater problem than Libya is.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nope, just pointing out that there are MANY places around the globe that are being enslaved by other countries and we do NOTHING for those people.

Well should we?

I mean what is the purpose of our government and our military?

It is not to provide a resource for the world to use to change governments or free people. This seriously flawed Wilsonian idea of spreading democracy has backfired a lot in the past 100 years and we continue to talk about it and lose lives over it.

I don't see where they are there to provide humanitarian aid or protect people from their own governments. I don't even see where they need to be in any country other than our own, like Korea and Germany.

If we need to have an organization that does that, then we should consider something like what the French Foreign Legion where they are not allowed to be deployed within France.

The military is charged with protecting us, not being proactive in preventing us from being attacked, that is an offesive position and well not really a good thing. It worked with the Soviets because they were our equals but the only real threat we have comes from China and some what in Russia. Like Germany or Japan in the 30's, it wasn't our job to get involved until we were attacked or they declared war on us - then it becomes a defensive war with Japan.

Besides, the Tibetan people don't bother anybody. Burma is a mess too thanks to China. Why are we not going after a regime change in China? They are a FAR greater problem than Libya is.

I agree with you on China but I don't know if the people of Tibet are all that peaceful as many contend. If you studied Buddhism, you will see where peace ends among those who practice it in history. Although I don't agree with China's invasion of Tibet as much as I didn't agree with our invasion of Cuba, but it has happened and there isn't much we can do about it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did NOT say we SHOULD get involved anywhere, just pointing out the lack of consistency of some peoples thinking. We were wrong when we did it before, right this time. It was OKEE DOKEE to allow the Soviets to murder 20 million but we had to stop Germany and they only murdered 12 million. We had to stop Japan from murdering the people of China but allow China to murder who knows how many in Tibet, Burma and within China.

Then there is the argument that we cannot interfere in internal mass murder. SO we should have allowed a Nazi Germany to run ovens INSIDE Germany but NOT in Poland.

Nothing makes sense.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
It is amazing to me how poor a grasp people have on history.

Batteries will only help for a few days. Stock up on knowledge of how to survive without things like batteries.

fired at you from my Droideka

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Batteries will only help for a few days. Stock up on knowledge of how to survive without things like batteries.

Make sure you have LOTS of fishing tackle and ammo. Know how to get water and purify it. Several bottles of bleach are a good thing to have. What do batteries have to do with history?

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Make sure you have LOTS of fishing tackle and ammo. Know how to get water and purify it. Several bottles of bleach are a good thing to have. What do batteries have to do with history?

Nothing at all. The two statements were intended to be consumed separately.

I'm just making observations here. Not looking to get in a fight... which is undoubtedly what will happen were I to engage in this further.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing at all. The two statements were intended to be consumed separately.

I'm just making observations here. Not looking to get in a fight... which is undoubtedly what will happen were I to engage in this further.

LOL!! I don't see what batteries would cause a fight!! I was just confused, as normal. :confused: :p

clcooper

Expert Expediter

the batteries are for the women LOL but if you have the knowledge the batteries can last longer then a few days . right .

if i would of listed everything . why dont i just invite you to live with me and i will do every thing .