Millhouse logistics

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was charged this more then 10 yrs ago at XPO then Express1...and it was mandatory...-$35.00 Occ/Acc Insurance
and of course the bob tail/empty insurance based on the value of the vehicle....
That is because State of Mi requires it.
It requires it but not me.. as load 1 it was not required... maybe state of residency?
Maybe because you are not a resident of Mi. Dunno.
I was offered at L1 but declined at E1 it was mandatory

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had no problem recovering my escrow from them. Just took forever.
Took me about 2 months after 4 phone calls.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Made the initial phone call about 30-40 days after I quit, they said it should be coming within 90 days, I called at 90 days and I got angry because they hadn't sent it out, it was in my mailbox the next morning!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Hmmm.... when i left Bolt ... my escrow was returned in 45 working days ... like they said in Oreintation ... Yes , i did call them on the 40th day in Safety to remind them .... but the $$$ was in my mailbox soon after .... i burn No Bridges when i leave ... someday you may need to go down that Path again ...

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app
I am very happy where I am but I would still recommend Bolt as a school of expediting for any newbies

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You should post a link to your website.
As an anti-spam measure, it's nearly impossible for a newly registered member to post any URL links until they have a certain number of posts under their belt.
Thanks! I was wondering why his second attempt to post a link showed: millhouse (.) (com)
Whenever someone new tries to post a URL the system rejects the post and an entry shows up in the logs. The vast majority of those log entries are from people who joined up just to post a spam link. Such an anti-spam net does occasionally catch someone trying to post a legitimate link, such as with this thread and over in the dashcam thread, but it's rare (though still regrettable). I don't monitor the spam logs on a daily basis, but if I am aware of a legitimate attempt at the time it happens, I'll edit the post and put the link in there for them.

Everyone who joins up gets the following on-screen message:

EO Anti-SPAM Trigger Notification said:
You will not be able to post URL links until you have a predetermined number of posts. Several keywords are also blocked due to them being used in spam messages. Posts containing links or those words will also be rejected. This temporary restriction also affects your signature (including links in your smartphone's forum app signature) and your Profile page.

It doesn't take all that many posts to get out from under the watchful eye of the software, but it's a number at which most spammers won't waste their time trying to reach the threshold. It is pretty funny when the logs show a more determined new user spammer with 1 or 2 or a dozen attempts at posting a link, then they go and make several nonsensical replies ("me too" and "I agree" and "I was wondering about that, thanks!") in random threads to get past the "predetermined number of posts." But those kinds of posts alert me to take a look at the logs in the first place and I'll set them to have all of their posts Moderated, which generally results in them never posting again, because they get a Notice about that, too, and once they are aware that their posts are being monitored they realize the jig is up.

But all things considered, the anti-spam configurations are doing an excellent job at blocking spam.

VS Services

Not a Member
This is a con oriented company, very deceiving. I would not trust my freight with these guys. Customers, Vendors, Employees be vary caution with these guys. There is a lot of fraudulent activity going on wit this guys. They target high value extremely hot shipments and they miss handle the freight. DON'T TRUST THEM, DON'T USE THEM, DON'T WORE FOR THEM. Proper authorities started a case on this criminal group.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is a con oriented company, very deceiving. I would not trust my freight with these guys. Customers, Vendors, Employees be vary caution with these guys. There is a lot of fraudulent activity going on wit this guys. They target high value extremely hot shipments and they miss handle the freight. DON'T TRUST THEM, DON'T USE THEM, DON'T WORE FOR THEM. Proper authorities started a case on this criminal group.
Way to go posting a negative comment on your first post.
Sounds like a disgruntled owner operator.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thanks!
We're all aware that companies which target extremely hot shipments are nefarious ...
Case? What type of criminal activity?

millhouse™

Rookie Expediter
VS Services ( carrier ) was caught back solicitation customer, while running our shipments, and was reported on 411 freight guard. They disliked that fact so much, that took it to this very unprofessional levels, by threats via emails directly to us, and posting negative reviews on social media, as well as here. Using multiple accounts, and involving their friends, and family now, over 20 negative reviews are posted with in few days, with false information about our company, while Millhouse has never done any business with any of them, other than VS. Legal action was already taking towards VS Services for their hostile actions, breach of contract, and defamation.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums