Microwaved underwear

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
No clean underwear, no time to stop?
Have no fear, give this a shot.
Place underwear in a tub or your sink with a small amount of laundry detergent and saturate with water. Remove and place in a ziplock bag. Place bag in the microwave and set for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and swish around in the bag, this simulates the warm wash cycle. Take underwear out of the bag and rinse in sink or tub. Blow dry optional :)

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Let's all confess now! Do you use the snack size zip lock bag, the sandwich size bag, or the gallon size? I think this will tell us a lot about one another. Great post Coco!

Reactions: 1 person

Packmule

Expert Expediter
HUmmmm.....
I am still pondering the "Blow dry optional " part of this senerio.
Is this really an option? Wet CLEAN drawers do not sound like something I would want to put on.
I guess there is the option of pinning them to your CB antenna, at 65 MPH it wouldn't take long to dry, but picking the bugs out before putting them on could be stressful.

Other Truckers seeing them on your antenna would think they had finally identified the CB Voice person that fills the airways with that repetitive "I AIN'T GOT NO PANIES ON". Which in your case would be a true statement.

And what about Fabric softner? how would you handle that?

Very good idea Coco but I had to pick at you some!

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
No clean underwear, no time to stop?
Have no fear, give this a shot.
Place underwear in a tub or your sink with a small amount of laundry detergent and saturate with water. Remove and place in a ziplock bag. Place bag in the microwave and set for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and swish around in the bag, this simulates the warm wash cycle. Take underwear out of the bag and rinse in sink or tub. Blow dry optional :)

I have seen some truckers that need a car wash, a power hose and commercial strength detergent. PHEW. lol We were cracking up reading this and thinking of some funny scenarios.

are12

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the tip Coco but I hope I never run into the problem of not having clean underwear.:eek::eek:

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I can. I left this last week and forgot my new suite case. You know you just get so use to what ya do and change the routine just a little and WALA no underwear or sox.

I keep a couple of spare tucked away, and I just washed all of them last night, should last me about 5 days for 5 pairs of sox and three underwear. Had plans of Walmart today but Truck stop closed and no phone to call a Taxi. Yep that broke this week also, than my Garmin stopped working, and my Q Com called me a liar by over an hour and half. Boy what a week I am having.

I will make it though, at least the Truck Stop informed me, and I was able to do laundry before they closed last night or else I would of been miserable.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Poor Broomie - you're just having an unbearable week, huh? Bloomers -er- bloopers everywhere! Hope it gets better! (Cause it could give a whole new meaning to the term "dirty weekend" :eek:)