Mexican Trucks

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
The main thing is that with first Japan, then China and Korea, no matter how you go the freight travels by air or sea. With Mexico that is not the case, it will be by ground as it has been.

Better knock off the crap that Mexicans are dumb people who can't do a thing or learn to speak English. I believe Archie Bunker said that same sort of thing about the Japanese and Chinese in the 1970's- wow, that did a lot of good didn't it?

Let's concentrate on AMERICA! Not a war in Iraq or sympathy for Mexico. Get IT! Or we are done! Mudflap

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I guess it is time the rest of the country gets to see a public toilet
with used Sh** paper all over the floor. Why should Just the southwest enjoy this little tidbit of Mexican culture.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
arkjarhead - yeah, that's how I took it. :) I thought it was funny, too.

I can type, barely, I can't spell, mostly, and I refuse to proofread, like, totally.

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
I'm just saying that if everyone thinks that there are no Mexicans who can read, speak English or safely operate a truck in the USA they are sadly mistaken. The trucking companies in Mexico will see to it that their drivers are qualified to come here, and only those drivers will be sent. I'm not defending this new ruling at all, I think it is totally wrong and a big mistake for the USA and it certainly will do nothing to help American truckers, as it has been stated by many it is not a fair trade-off as American drivers will not want to go to Mexico for quite a few obvious reasons, but you can best be sure Mexican drivers will want to come up here.

I have been a long time member of OOIDA, but the fact of the matter is they have been basically powerless with every major trucking issue to come about from the US government, including logging, fuel prices, and border crossing involvement. Mudflap

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
What this says to me in laymans terms is that since the USA has sent so much production to Mexico, that it would be only fair for the borders to be opened up to logistics between the countries. I truly can't argue with that logic.

Greed-Greed-Greed. It is why it was sent there. Sure, the UAW had a big part in the truck/automotive segment of that. FAIR wages, FAIR retirement plans would have worked. But those contracts made in the 1960's and early 70's when things were going great for the UAW is when all those rediculous contracts came in to being, such as the retiring after 30 years with 80% pay and full benefits. Sounded nice at the time, but it caught up- right at the time when your Honda's and Toyota's were becoming high quality imported cars.

Then you get the little known investment greed. These are the people and brokers who as they should take care of their customers by investing money in stocks that produce the highest dividends and interest. It became a wonderful thing when these stocks came available on the market with the foreign car makers producing their products in the USA, as the stockholders got and continue to get rich, as do the foreign company owners. Not necessarily Daimler Chrysler as it is a German company and Germany is in an economic downtime, but Honda and Toyota. They do the best, have productive USA assembly plants, and turn profits by producing the quality cars that people want to buy. And if the plants are non-UAW, the people at those plants make a FAIR, (Excellent production) wage, and keep the ball rolling making money for the company and stockholders. Mudflap

Mudflap