May location and other nonsense

tknight

Veteran Expediter
NYC with a load of glass plates large 4x8 all packed in crates with shock sensors ,all tripped upon arrival receiver looked at me and I just said "Gw bridge need I say more "signed pod and away I went....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
After a great week last week(thinking things are back on track)I delivered in Alabama and went over to Newnan Georgia and sat for nearly 5 days with someone under bidding both of the companies I work for on numerous loads.........Now I sit in corbin KY and if nothing by 5 I will be on my way home with a empty week.
Now this makes me wonder whats going on???????????????????

Multi Carrier at it's finest.

Question for my up coming van logic book.

If you sit 5 days working for 2 carriers does it feel like you sat 10 days ?

Last edited:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
NYC with a load of glass plates large 4x8 all packed in crates with shock sensors ,all tripped upon arrival receiver looked at me and I just said "Gw bridge need I say more "signed pod and away I went....

Still blaming Bush for everyting! lol

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a short chat with mud this morning then had to roll. Nice meeting you x.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a short chat with mud this morning then had to roll. Nice meeting you x.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Likewise sir :)

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Humble, TX (Houston), out of service, resting. No dispatch complaints here. We are grateful to agent for getting $500 detention time pay to truck for a delivery that was supposed to be made Wednesday afternoon. Delivery was refused because, due to a shipper schedule mix-up, the required observer would not be there until Thursday. We stayed awake with the load and earned another $500 doing so. Once details were confirmed, agent (dispatcher) charged shipper and credited D-time instantly and without complaint. Nice!

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Humble, TX (Houston), out of service, resting. No dispatch complaints here. We are grateful to agent for getting $500 detention time pay to truck for a delivery that was supposed to be made Wednesday afternoon. Delivery was refused because, due to a shipper schedule mix-up, the required observer would not be there until Thursday. We stayed awake with the load and earned another $500 doing so. Once details were confirmed, agent (dispatcher) charged shipper and credited D-time instantly and without complaint. Nice!

Isn't that the way every carrier does it ?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Isn't that the way every carrier does it ?

Diane and I have only run with two carriers in our 10 years as expediters. Based on that experience only, I can answer, no, that's not the way every carrier does it. However, I cannot say about how things are now at our former carrier. Maybe things have changed.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered today in Battlebore, NC. Now at the Petro in Kenly. No load as yet, officially bored.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Is officially bored more boring than un-officially bored ?

Or do you have the miss's permission to be bored ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is officially bored more boring than un-officially bored ?

Or do you have the miss's permission to be bored ?

Officially bored is WAY more bored than un-officially. WAY more! I am bored when driving but, at least while under load, I am making money. Now I am just sitting, not making any money, and totally bored outta my gourd.

Mrs. does not have to give me permission to be bored. She is too bored to do it any way!

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
Multi Carrier at it's finest.

Question for my up coming van logic book.

If you sit 5 days working for 2 carriers does it feel like you sat 10 days ?

The 2 companies I work for are a perfect fit for me, They have kept be for the most part steady, With having the best month in my 3 years doing this.And that month being January with 12000 miles.
Both companies know each other and always call first before they bid any loads for me. All they asked is to make sure to keep them informed of whats going on..
But anyways it works for me(except for this week) and thats what is important..so I hope the up coming week is better and continue to be able to do this work..........
I ju

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered show equipment today in my hometown going on A bike run tomorrow with my old club brothers Renegades M.C.

TonyD

Active Expediter
Enjoy acquitted. What kind of ride do you have. We have a goldwing that I don't get on as much as I wish.