MAY all your dreams come true!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Murray, have you thought about brokering or dispatching truckload freight? I think you'd make out like gangbusters.

Only about 6-7 hundred times. Keep in mind that is a HUGE step from a regulatory standpoint.

Not for dispatching tho. You know how to negotiate. A lot of independent truckers don't, and would gladly give you a piece of pie for moving them.

Reactions: Murraycroexp

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Not for dispatching tho. You know how to negotiate. A lot of independent truckers don't, and would gladly give you a piece of pie for moving them.

Ah, I see. Dispatch for a guy that has his own authority and everything? I'll have to check into the LEGALS on that.
Authority is cheap. Getting loads takes effort.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, keep a hand on your wallets people. Apparently the lastest thing is to see if a big insurance payment will go thru your account when you're not looking

Actually mistake not malice was probably at fault and my money is now refunded. Still waiting on the bounce fees tho

Anybody else get nervous when somebody can take $1166 from your account with no permission, signatures, or anything to associate you with the charges?

Oh, and unloaded deadheading home. Not worried about the empty miles at decent rates, they shoved in locals left and right on my routes to help cover that...better than last week and its only Friday...

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Getting loaded now .... 3 skids .. 32" x 32" each ... plenty of room.. so No Motel nights needed ...
Brazil , In. to Laredo , Tx ... Sunday delivery .. 1269 loaded mile .. so 1424 pd. miles ...
Been a good week...

hauling freight from a Pond near you

I'll be in Laredo Sunday morning too. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet for breakfast.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll be in Laredo Sunday morning too. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet for breakfast.

Yeah... i am scheduled to unload Sunday AM ... I shower at the Pilot at exit 13 ... but planning on Sunday afternoon heading to the new Laredo fleamarket ... haven't check the weather yet ... lol ... guessing Hot..

Reactions: in-Transit

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah... i am scheduled to unload Sunday AM ... I shower at the Pilot at exit 13 ... but planning on Sunday afternoon heading to the new Laredo fleamarket ... haven't check the weather yet ... lol ... guessing Hot..

My load has a Monday morning 10:00 protect time but the receiver is open 24/7 so I'm planning on dropping early Sunday morning. Looks like very high 90's for Sunday afternoon. Spending the night at the West Memphis J tonight, shower here in the morning, then across the road to the Petro for lunch before hitting the road again.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My load has a Monday morning 10:00 protect time but the receiver is open 24/7 so I'm planning on dropping early Sunday morning. Looks like very high 90's for Sunday afternoon. Spending the night at the West Memphis J tonight, shower here in the morning, then across the road to the Petro for lunch before hitting the road again.

I have 2 other RRE vans ahead of me for reloads ... i am dropping at Penske ... stopping for sleep soon ...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

1k4p6g.jpg

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Petro is some of the better truck stop food, which isn't saying much. I miss their salty buffet. But it's probably what gave me cancer in the first place. LOL

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
12 hours unbroken sleep was nice on a busy week. Forgot to mention...after crossing Alexandria Bay if you hit "avoid tolls" in Google, and you happen to be headed to West Virginia, you'll be treated to a spectacular Sunday drive of scenery, driving thru and on the edges of a valley that stretches on for hours with picturesque communities and farms...culminating in the jungle of western Maryland climbing some big "hills" ...I remember seeing a sign for the Mason-Dixon line and the Eastern Continental Divide

Totally unexpected, my new favorite US run

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Just lost a load to deep Florida to $0.644 TOTAL RATE per LDD mile from one of those "cheap rates are what's wrong with this industry" soapbox brokers.
The hypocrisy in this industry is staggering.

Someone on FB posted he met a guy at a shipper that was running from Florence, KY to Detroit for .60pm cuz at least it was keeping him running and making a little $

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums