Matty Moroun jailed

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wow what?

If you know the entire story behind his refusal to do what he agreed to do, then it should be 'about time'

If you wonder what that unfinished bridge is doing there, it is a symbol of a billion dollars of investment that wasn't needed and that a lot of it went on to pockets of this guy.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow what?

If you know the entire story behind his refusal to do what he agreed to do, then it should be 'about time'

If you wonder what that unfinished bridge is doing there, it is a symbol of a billion dollars of investment that wasn't needed and that a lot of it went on to pockets of this guy.

Wow - as in surprised that it actually happened. And yes, you're right--it is about time.

It's long past -- It's about time.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
And as was said, "it will take cooperation on all their parts to get it done"..lol MDOT admits they can't order the Bridge co. to do anything, the old guy has over time told the court to bet bent...so putting him in jail serves what purpose other then to make his life a pita....and he will get out sooner then later probably tomorrow, the ramps still arent getting done...and they will be back in court again....:rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
atleast the business made a profit .because that is all that matters. RIGHT

No profit, no business. No business, no jobs. If you have a better way to do it, speak up! Better yet, start your own business, run it how YOU choose, hire who YOU want. At least for now we still have that freedom.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't have a frickn' clue where any one gets this profit thing but I think that the naive nature of people's idea of what this is all about warrants a need to look at the history with this guy and the subject of screwing tax payers. The only thing that I agree with him is we don't need another bridge.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't have a frickn' clue where any one gets this profit thing but I think that the naive nature of people's idea of what this is all about warrants a need to look at the history with this guy and the subject of screwing tax payers. The only thing that I agree with him is we don't need another bridge.

I want a second bridge. Too high a volume for one. Just how I see it, not that it matters.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The bottle neck on the bridge is caused by the US customs - nothing else.

There is a reason to "replace" the bridge but not a second one at tax payer's expense. The bs of floating bonds is just bs because the cost will exceed the bond sales.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is also just flat out WAY more traffic today than when that bridge was built. I don't claim to know the answers but can see that things have not worked well for a very long time.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Layout the traffic studies that were done in the 90's had the same traffic then as now but the changes made after 9/11 have been one source of the slowdown, as admitted to by the dhs a couple years ago at that mack conference, and if you watch during high traffic times, they seem to move a lot slower. One thing that you should understand is that the state wants another bridge so they can get more taxes and I feel they are working with the feds to create a
Problem.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layout the traffic studies that were done in the 90's had the same traffic then as now but the changes made after 9/11 have been one source of the slowdown, as admitted to by the dhs a couple years ago at that mack conference, and if you watch during high traffic times, they seem to move a lot slower. One thing that you should understand is that the state wants another bridge so they can get more taxes and I feel they are working with the feds to create a
Problem.

I am not defending the actions of the State, the Feds or the owner of the bridge. I can remember the slow downs all my life, NOT just after 9/11. IF I remember correctly that bridge was completed in 1929. Traffic then cannot even compare to what we had in 1970 and then add the level of traffic today, what do people expect? The roads on both sides are not designed to handle the traffic either. It is obsolete as it stands today.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The bottle neck on the bridge is caused by the US customs - nothing else.

There is a reason to "replace" the bridge but not a second one at tax payer's expense. The bs of floating bonds is just bs because the cost will exceed the bond sales.

Not true at all. The afternoon backups on I75 all occur at the bottleneck of trying to exit and get through the service rd to the toll booths going into Canada.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
No profit, no business. No business, no jobs. If you have a better way to do it, speak up! Better yet, start your own business, run it how YOU choose, hire who YOU want. At least for now we still have that freedom.

DO WE you better go check on that agian . and i will start a business get the contarcts and then dont do the work . so glad your tax money is being spent right . so when you get service done on your truck you would be ok with them draining you oil but not putting any back in .

greg the bridge is all about profit. the reason why Matty Moroun is being jailed is because of profit if what he was to build cost him 10 million to build and the way that he built it cost him 5 nillion . it is about profit . and why he would go and do it right . is because of profit . he will want to be paid more to do it right . and going to jail is his way of saying pay me more . watch he will get out and build it right . and will get paid more too .

people need to read up on the 5 families of new york and they will see how things are work today

Charlie "Lucky" Luciano for president 2012

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DO WE you better go check on that agian

Check on what? I can start a business any time I choose too. The greatest force holding me back is taxes. You know, Robin Hood in action.

I hope to make an even GREATER PROFIT this year than last and find a why to keep ALL OF IT for MY family. I don't work to support everyone, just us.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Check on what? I can start a business any time I choose too. The greatest force holding me back is taxes. You know, Robin Hood in action.

I hope to make an even GREATER PROFIT this year than last and find a why to keep ALL OF IT for MY family. I don't work to support everyone, just us.

and how are you going do make more profit by lieing and stealing it by ripping people off . like matty moroun is doing

and what type of business are you going to start a Lemonade Stand. will guess what they have even shut them down because they didnt have the right permits ,paper work ,bonds and everything else the need to run a Lemonade Stand today . because of guys like Matty Moroun . people ***** about to many regulations . the stuff Matty Moron is pulling here is one of the reasons why .

people need to sit down a look and see why when and where all the regulation come from . would you buy your dinner from a place that had mice running around . guess what there is a regulation on that . wonder why . was it because we first trused where we eat to serve us good food . but they saw they could make more profit if they let the mice round around .

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
and how are you going do make more profit by lieing and stealing it by ripping people off . like matty moroun is doing

and what type of business are you going to start a Lemonade Stand. will guess what they have even shut them down because they didnt have the right permits ,paper work ,bonds and everything else the need to run a Lemonade Stand today . because of guys like Matty Moroun . people ***** about to many regulations . the stuff Matty Moron is pulling here is one of the reasons why .

people need to sit down a look and see why when and where all the regulation come from . would you buy your dinner from a place that had mice running around . guess what there is a regulation on that . wonder why . was it because we first trused where we eat to serve us good food . but they saw they could make more profit if they let the mice round around .

Not to be a smart butt and only wishing to help you where I can. I suggest that you might do better for you self if you were to spend more time moving ahead and less time blaming others for your problems.

You are where you are, as I am where I am, do to your actions or inactions taken years ago. The trick is over coming those short falls. It is also fun.

Besides, you don't even use that bridge, how does it affect you? :confused: It is in the Detroit/Windsor area, not PA.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Not to be a smart butt and only wishing to help you where I can. I suggest that you might do better for you self if you were to spend more time moving ahead and less time blaming others for your problems.

You are where you are, as I am where I am, do to your actions or inactions taken years ago. The trick is over coming those short falls. It is also fun.

Besides, you don't even use that bridge, how does it affect you? :confused: It is in the Detroit/Windsor area, not PA.

you still dont get what i am saying WHAT MATTY MORON HAS /IS DOING IS NOT RIGHT BY ANY STANDARD . you complain about all the regultions i am telling you here is one of the resons why . you say business need to make a profit . so i am asking are you ok with this the type of profit

i am saying the way he is making is money is no better then the welfare ones are BUT ALOT ONLY WORRY ABOUT THE WELFARE ONES AND FORGET ABOUT THE TYPE LIKE MATTY MORON .the real crooks of tax payers money

i am not blaming anybody . and i am moveing ahead ,

years ago you didnt need a colloge degree to filp burgers , to build houses , to run equipment . years ago you learned on your own as you grew up . years ago you got ahead by doing good work . today you get a head by sleeping with the right person . not by your work . and it is all because of the likes of matty moron (the crooked type )

weather i use the bridge or not it is useing tax payer money . so it does affect me . i dont have cancer either so why should i be worried if there is a cure or not .

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The "bridge" has NOTHING to do with cancer or it's cures. It has NOTHING to do with the GOVERNMENT using FORCE, even DEADLY FORCE, to take what I earn and GIVE it to someone who did NOT earn it. YEP, taking money from MY WIFE is a GOOD thing in your book, as long as the government does it. RIGHT?

Go run a business, run it how you like, don't make a "profit" Profit is "bad". BAD PROFIT. See how long it lasts.

Got your "tanker" endorsement? LOT'S of work for people who do. Then you could have a "job", paid for by PROFITS the company who hires you make. Have at it!