March, Spring is on its way!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It'd better be on the way..just started my tomato seeds, more cabbage and some petunias for the planters. Think I'll get a jump start on some leeks too..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello March? I guess that -18f on Friday started something bad. Water pipe froze (again) this time the cold water line :mad:

With no heat coming from mother nature for a week looks like I got 3 choices.

1- Dish out cash to the plumber again.
2- Crawl my butt under there with a very long electric cord and hair dryer. (which was the recommendation of the plumber if it happened again).
3- (My idea) Crawl my butt under there and place my big or little buddy heater by the pipe and hope I don't burn the house down :confused:

All options involve removal of a lot of frozen snow to gain access :(

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello March? I guess that -18f on Friday started something bad. Water pipe froze (again) this time the cold water line :mad:

With no heat coming from mother nature for a week looks like I got 3 choices.

1- Dish out cash to the plumber again.
2- Crawl my butt under there with a very long electric cord and hair dryer. (which was the recommendation of the plumber if it happened again).
3- (My idea) Crawl my butt under there and place my big or little buddy heater by the pipe and hope I don't burn the house down :confused:

All options involve removal of a lot of frozen snow to gain access :(

better idea..Insulate the pipes better...and they do have them pipe warmers electric wire that warms the pipe with a flick of the switch...make a good SUMMER project...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
better idea..Insulate the pipes better...and they do have them pipe warmers electric wire that warms the pipe with a flick of the switch...make a good SUMMER project...

Already have the electric pipe warmers, guess I need more or better. Better insulation was already planned for the summer project from the first time they froze. Now if summer would only get here :rolleyes:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Soon...but not today! It's a minus 19 up here this morning and while Ken is in the balmy weather now he'll have to duck soon..that ice storm is headed his way!

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Was 80 here in Dallas yesterday. Today it's 32 with ice all over the truck. The good news is there is a tree in full bloom in front of the Denny's.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Since my plowman is basking in the warmth..I gotta go clear off the snow...at least it's light and fluffy here!:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was 80 here in Dallas yesterday. Today it's 32 with ice all over the truck. The good news is there is a tree in full bloom in front of the Denny's.

36 in Waco

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123