March of the ....

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a odd battery experience...

My FireTV stick was saying my batteries in my remote where extremely low.
Picked up a new pack of AAA Rayovac batteries at Walmart.
Swapped them out, but still said low batteries. I didn't think much about it until the remote stopped working. Changed the batteries again, it started working for a little while then started acting up again. I thought my remote was the issue. If I played around with battery position it would temporarily work again.

Getting frustrated, I went to remove the batteries again and noticed a white powdery substance on the controller batteries like when you leave batteries in too long. WTH?

Cleaned it up and went to pull out more new batteries. At this point I noticed one or more of the batteries in the pack was... leaking? With crude forming at the bottom of the batteries. Never had anything like this happen before with new batteries. They must have been damaged or something. Disposed of the remaining batteries. Not wanting to take a chance again, I paid a little more for some Duracell batteries. Everything working as it should again.

Probably a freak thing, but enough to get me to switch from economy batteries :rolleyes:

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a odd battery experience...

My FireTV stick was saying my batteries in my remote where extremely low.
Picked up a new pack of AAA Rayovac batteries at Walmart.
Swapped them out, but still said low batteries. I didn't think much about it until the remote stopped working. Changed the batteries again, it started working for a little while then started acting up again. I thought my remote was the issue. If I played around with battery position it would temporarily work again.

Getting frustrated, I went to remove the batteries again and noticed a white powdery substance on the controller batteries like when you leave batteries in too long. WTH?

Cleaned it up and went to pull out more new batteries. At this point I noticed one or more of the batteries in the pack was... leaking? With crude forming at the bottom of the batteries. Never had anything like this happen before with new batteries. They must have been damaged or something. Disposed of the remaining batteries. Not wanting to take a chance again, I paid a little more for some Duracell batteries. Everything working as it should again.

Probably a freak thing, but enough to get me to switch from economy batteries :rolleyes:

The firestick is awesome I love mine

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The firestick is awesome I love mine
Yeah, I love it. For on the road, I have mine plugged into a 15ft HDMi & micro USB extender cord then into my TV, so I can position the stick it to grab a stronger signal. Especially helpful with the improved, but still not up to par, Flying J/Pilot outdoor internet

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahh, illegal streaming. I don't have enough time to watch all my legal stuff

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
Well ... kinda ..but i buy it broken ... i don't do it myself..
Look at it this way .. did you give Google and the Government permission to track all your movements and activities... i didn't..lol

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
“Jail broken” is to iPhone type products what “rooted ” is to Androids. As for Firesticks, I don’t know because I ain’t gots one.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I'm with you! Technology has passed me by, I still don't know how the little guy gets in my TV to read me the news??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app