March of the ....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Only 598,997 mi, parking brakes gave out, thought is was the rear bearing, whew!

On load and did not Wabt to spend the night in San Fran, paid $ 150 to have the parking brakes removed. Wheel chocks will do for now. So much for the Nissan NV 2500. Bummer, Lol...
Can honestly say I have only used a parking break a handful of times in 50 years.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can honestly say I have only used a parking break a handful of times in 50 years.
You should use your parking brake more often, especially when being loaded and unloaded by a forklift. This practice could save you from transmission problems later. I always set my parking brake and then put the transmission in Park. When driving off, I put the transmission in Drive and then release the parking brake.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
You should use your parking brake more often, especially when being loaded and unloaded by a forklift. This practice could save you from transmission problems later. I always set my parking brake and then put the transmission in Park. When driving off, I put the transmission in Drive and then release the parking brake.
I was going to say the same thing Moot!

Reactions: Moot