March Locations and Nonsense...HAHA

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well, happy to report that I am starting another chapter on Monday.. well, just turning the page on this one LOL.. I get my new van number on Monday morn. I've been running this Sprinter "My Way" for a few months, but the contract has still been in the previous owner's name as I made him payments plus a small percentage. My honey and I are heading up Sunday night to hand over the last 3 payments in person, (ahead of schedule)and after a little paperwork Monday morn, new van number :)

I came over here to Load 1 a year and 2 weeks ago..just about broke, and ready to give up on expediting. Thanks to Steve Wolfe talking me into trying this company, even with the slow times... a year later, I've got a few bucks in my pocket, and as of Monday, a paid off van.

That says something about this place I think :)

Thanks to all who listened to my dumb questions about Sprinters, and gave me good advice about how to run here!

Dale

Congrats Dale!!!!! That is great news!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Thanks! Now I just hope the dispatchers realize it's me in the new number LOL.

Dale

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well, happy to report that I am starting another chapter on Monday.. well, just turning the page on this one LOL.. I get my new van number on Monday morn. I've been running this Sprinter "My Way" for a few months, but the contract has still been in the previous owner's name as I made him payments plus a small percentage. My honey and I are heading up Sunday night to hand over the last 3 payments in person, (ahead of schedule)and after a little paperwork Monday morn, new van number :)

I came over here to Load 1 a year and 2 weeks ago..just about broke, and ready to give up on expediting. Thanks to Steve Wolfe talking me into trying this company, even with the slow times... a year later, I've got a few bucks in my pocket, and as of Monday, a paid off van.

That says something about this place I think :)

Thanks to all who listened to my dumb questions about Sprinters, and gave me good advice about how to run here!

Dale

Congrats Dale!!!!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Baby here, born at 7:44 pm weighed 7'8 aand everyone is doing fine. Tina and I are on the way home to see the little booger. Thanks all !!!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
From the great advice of Guido who observed that I may move around too much....I've rooted myself right here in FRONT of Guido in the standings...barring a closest truck situation.....I am trying his advice!...:p

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Congrats Tom and Tina! Grandkids are much more fun than kids I think lol.

Headed to the yard with 1 more then OOS for the weekend.

Dale

guido4475

Not a Member
From the great advice of Guido who observed that I may move around too much....I've rooted myself right here in FRONT of Guido in the standings...barring a closest truck situation.....I am trying his advice!...:p

I just think sometimes we need to give dispatch time to do their thing, and not panic so easily.Have the faith in them. Both of our last years numbers were real close, but if I recall, my total mile pay was alot higher than yours, I think because I don't move around as much. I don't ask for relocation pay, at all. Just a personal preference. The way I look at it, I did a smaller size load yesterday. For me to move to a better area with less trucks in that area would just take away from the minimal profit of that smaller size run, and in the end, it could end up with me doing that run for nothing because of the extra added cost of moving around.So I stay put, for the most part.Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. But with last years numbers being as good as they were, I am going to say this is working. We all have our own way of doing business.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just think sometimes we need to give dispatch time to do their thing, and not panic so easily.Have the faith in them. Both of our last years numbers were real close, but if I recall, my total mile pay was alot higher than yours, I think because I don't move around as much. I don't ask for relocation pay, at all. Just a personal preference. The way I look at it, I did a smaller size load yesterday. For me to move to a better area with less trucks in that area would just take away from the minimal profit of that smaller size run, and in the end, it could end up with me doing that run for nothing because of the extra added cost of moving around.So I stay put, for the most part.Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. But with last years numbers being as good as they were, I am going to say this is working. We all have our own way of doing business.

Dave...dammit...it was meant as a joke......gee whiz...:)

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Dave...dammit...it was meant as a joke......gee whiz...:)

As I told you on the phone, I sensed a little humor in that post....but, I'd thought I would just post what I did for those who didnt se the humor in youre humourous post....lol..

Did a few 19's since moving northward, taking OVM and Rocketmans sound advice, and have not got a response back yet, even though fleetvision shows me in service in the new location.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
As I told you on the phone, I sensed a little humor in that post....but, I'd thought I would just post what I did for those who didnt se the humor in youre humourous post....lol..

Did a few 19's since moving northward, taking OVM and Rocketmans sound advice, and have not got a response back yet, even though fleetvision shows me in service in the new location.

Dispatch called me to see where I was and told me to call in my POD because they were having satellite problems.

Dale

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
The QC is down? They should send out a message to let us know these things.....:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2