March Locations and Nonsense...HAHA

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im just south of Jacksonville, Fl at the Pilot....Doin the Harlem Shake...Ha
Hoping that brings a good month of Expediting...Dollas!!!

guido4475

Not a Member
With January and February behind us, we have endured the unexpected. Let us put it behind us, and look to a brighter future, and focus on ways to be more productive, and more profitable in the upcoming months ahead.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something you will never see in the other carrier forums.

John the shower is draining super slow.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Something you will never see in the other carrier forums.

John the shower is draining super slow.

I am on it. Thank god they don't ask me in the Express-1 or Bolt forum to check their showers! LOL

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am on it. Thank god they don't ask me in the Express-1 or Bolt forum to check their showers! LOL

I always wonder if when your at one of those conventions sitting around with other ceo's if they ever mess with you about this stuff.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd love to be more productive & profitable, and am hoping to find more focus on freight outside the automotive area. Waiting at the shipper who won't have the freight ready "for another hour", and my ability to have a good attitude is wearing thin.
Some customers need to be reminded that the drivers' hours are limited, regulated, and monitored by federal law, because they don't seem to have any incentive whatsoever to refrain from wasting those hours, and automotive suppliers are the worst of the bunch. The more likely they are to waste time, the less likely they are to accept the responsibility and pay for it, too.
A corporate culture of responsibility starts at the top - Load One has that culture, and I hope we can focus more on those customers that practice the same responsibility that they require from us.
And I hope I get out of 'midwest heLL' soon, cause I seriously need to do laundry, lol.
;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd love to be more productive & profitable, and am hoping to find more focus on freight outside the automotive area. Waiting at the shipper who won't have the freight ready "for another hour", and my ability to have a good attitude is wearing thin.
Some customers need to be reminded that the drivers' hours are limited, regulated, and monitored by federal law, because they don't seem to have any incentive whatsoever to refrain from wasting those hours, and automotive suppliers are the worst of the bunch. The more likely they are to waste time, the less likely they are to accept the responsibility and pay for it, too.
A corporate culture of responsibility starts at the top - Load One has that culture, and I hope we can focus more on those customers that practice the same responsibility that they require from us.
And I hope I get out of 'midwest heLL' soon, cause I seriously need to do laundry, lol.
;)

MAYBE the Alliance...should get on these load boards like NLM to reduce that 2 hour window they have to get loaded and unloaded....basically you guys on logs are giving them 4 hours of your time....FREE

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Great concept except..... companies will never all get together. Always someone willing to come in and do the work. You all know how that goes, uggghhhh.

But as we keep adding reps in outside territories I think it will continue to diversify the freight mix. I have a ton of faith in our new VP of Sales. He has only been onboard for 2 weeks, but I really like what I see already.

And yes, I do get comments from the other owners, CEO's etc. Nicely I think many of them think I am insane.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Great concept except..... companies will never all get together. Always someone willing to come in and do the work. You all know how that goes, uggghhhh.

But as we keep adding reps in outside territories I think it will continue to diversify the freight mix. I have a ton of faith in our new VP of Sales. He has only been onboard for 2 weeks, but I really like what I see already.

Glad to hear it - nothing is more frustrating than having to deal with unprofessional behavior, which is what keeps us sitting at the docks so much. [2.25 hrs now.] I don't like to be the complainer, but when nobody says nuffin, nobody does nuffin, either.

And yes, I do get comments from the other owners, CEO's etc. Nicely I think many of them think I am insane.

You know they're just jealous, lol.;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know they're just jealous, lol.;)

HEY you are on paid time now....make sure the customer pays up!!.sometims we are our worse enemy by not following up when we do have a chance to get paid....I hear excuses like..it is only 15 minutes, too much bother to chase down....well...suck it buttercup in that case

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I know John....In theory, an elephant can hang off a 10 story building by his trunk too....:(

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, happy to report that I am starting another chapter on Monday.. well, just turning the page on this one LOL.. I get my new van number on Monday morn. I've been running this Sprinter "My Way" for a few months, but the contract has still been in the previous owner's name as I made him payments plus a small percentage. My honey and I are heading up Sunday night to hand over the last 3 payments in person, (ahead of schedule)and after a little paperwork Monday morn, new van number :)

I came over here to Load 1 a year and 2 weeks ago..just about broke, and ready to give up on expediting. Thanks to Steve Wolfe talking me into trying this company, even with the slow times... a year later, I've got a few bucks in my pocket, and as of Monday, a paid off van.

That says something about this place I think :)

Thanks to all who listened to my dumb questions about Sprinters, and gave me good advice about how to run here!

Dale