March Banter and Location

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
so why dont u get rid of the air card and save some money. just use the iphones wireless signal for your internet.

chris, phillips digital antenna from walmart 29 bucks just put it any where in the van once you get parked. works pretty good unless there is lots of traffic. we have this one but im putting a tracking satellite on the truck while we are home this time. i miss all those channels. plus there are shows tina is missing while we are driving. but if you park where the traffic isnt right in front of you it works great. it has a 25-35 mile range.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so why dont u get rid of the air card and save some money. just use the iphones wireless signal for your internet.

chris, phillips digital antenna from walmart 29 bucks just put it any where in the van once you get parked. works pretty good unless there is lots of traffic. we have this one but im putting a tracking satellite on the truck while we are home this time. i miss all those channels. plus there are shows tina is missing while we are driving. but if you park where the traffic isnt right in front of you it works great. it has a 25-35 mile range.

Well because I watch too much TV...the data charge would be the same...at $10.00 per Gb my 5gigs on the air card 49.95...it equates to the same amount....

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
makes sense. would it be a benefit to have tv seperate so you wouldnt be paying for the extra usage. then you could get rid of your air card at 50 bucks and the 10 overcharge. at 60 a mo savings you could have a dome paid for in 6 mo.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
For what?....mines 2 phones, 1 air card plus data package...looks like my monthly price is going to be around $220 a month

I assumw that you didn't have the unlimited data on your previous phone to be grandfathered in with this one?
We have 4 phones and an aircard paying $269.00 but still have unlimited data, thankfully. Nick uses about 10-13GB a month depending on how much he uses Netflix. Then there is what I use on mine. To be honest the only reason we have an aircard still is because my blog requires IE to be written.
We did see these awesome little things called "lapdocks" that we will probably invest in with our next upgrade.

Hoping to get a good load today. Really need something to try to turn this week around.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
makes sense. would it be a benefit to have tv seperate so you wouldnt be paying for the extra usage. then you could get rid of your air card at 50 bucks and the 10 overcharge. at 60 a mo savings you could have a dome paid for in 6 mo.
I tried the tv thingee...it is a personal choice not to lug a TV around with me....

Jenny....my unlimited was gone long ago....

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I really like the flat top satellite dish system but is a little over 2000. If I ever get that much to blow that's what I'm getting

I have the unlimited internet on my phone and i use it to tether on the laptop but its slow

Just wish watching tv and movies online wasn't so expensive on your air card . Only way I can see where it won't cost as much is paying for a years worth internet at pilotflying j unless they limit your gb use.

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chris I'd go with a small flat screen and antenna. Ron (golfournut) showed me his and it works great.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really like the flat top satellite dish system but is a little over 2000. If I ever get that much to blow that's what I'm getting

I have the unlimited internet on my phone and i use it to tether on the laptop but its slow

Just wish watching tv and movies online wasn't so expensive on your air card . Only way I can see where it won't cost as much is paying for a years worth internet at pilotflying j unless they limit your gb use.

If we stayed loaded more often it wouldn't even be an issue......LOL

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Chris I'd go with a small flat screen and antenna. Ron (golfournut) showed me his and it works great.

More than likely I will Scott. Does he get history and discovery channel that's what I mainly watch LOL.

Wish this wind would die down. This roof vent cover looks like it might rip off and fly down the street the way its banging and flapping.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
More than likely I will Scott. Does he get history and discovery channel that's what I mainly watch LOL.

Wish this wind would die down. This roof vent cover looks like it might rip off and fly down the street the way its banging and flapping.

it is really windy out here too.....picking up the ground snow making whiteout conditions...

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

We use our phones for netflix and a lot of the tv apps. Hook the hdmi cord to our tv and tada big tv. I know its not current episodes but its still entertaining.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hear ya ! Haha . This week has been quite opposite been nothing but busy. Only free time I have had really was Thursday morning
I am glad for you.....it looks like Chefs bad luck is continuing ..me and him both got skunked in Laredo in Jan. everyone ahead and behind us got loaded out...it happens...LOL

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Yea I hate to see people getting shafted kinda like you did a few weeks back smack in the middle of freight lanes and couldnt catch a break.

Can't believe I got out of laredo with in 6 hours. Glad I did my dad was telling me about all them drug smuggling and illegal stuff that goes on there on tv. Right place at the right time . Hope everyone gets a nice weekend run ! About to go find lunch.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea I hate to see people getting shafted kinda like you did a few weeks back smack in the middle of freight lanes and couldnt catch a break.

Can't believe I got out of laredo with in 6 hours. Glad I did my dad was telling me about all them drug smuggling and illegal stuff that goes on there on tv. Right place at the right time . Hope everyone gets a nice weekend run ! About to go find lunch.

Things can turn on a dime..just when ya think you are down and out bang, bang...you are in the DOLLAS.....