March 2017 this and that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
85 might just be a little blooted in a sprinter unless someone has boosted the ECM...LOL...my 05 top speed is 81..tho I've never even been close to that...

That was sarcasm. Mine is limited to 82mph. I almost never go that fast, once or twice just to pass rock-throwing Truck to avoid more cracks in my windshield.
I realize that my fellow canuck got me on a rant....LOL

Reactions: brokcanadian

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
sorry for the rant...but with brokers and 3pls and big carriers screwing us over...we have to take care of ourselves and our own business..
Hey I agree to the point where I ran...Now Fastman has it figured out...he's crazy like a fox...those locals pay better than expedite now!
fuel is one cost we can control to some degree to make us more profitable....apparently big carriers have no such restraint or control as they keep side swiping our rates to maintain thier out of control budgets with redundant inefficient policies...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
fuel is one cost we can control to some degree to make us more profitable....apparently big carriers have no such restraint or control as they keep side swiping our rates to maintain thier out of control budgets with redundant inefficient policies...
Agreed, although at 75 I was still getting 20 mpg...23-24 at 60...adds up on a long drive, do you like more sleep time / first up or more money...course with you and Murray doesn't seem to matter, but we aren't all blessed with a good carrier

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed, although at 75 I was still getting 20 mpg...23-24 at 60...adds up on a long drive, do you like more sleep time / first up or more money...course with you and Murray doesn't seem to matter, but we aren't all blessed with a good carrier
at 64 I get between 23-24 at 60, 24-26 wind depending of course...67-68 about 20-21

I try not to do long loads anymore....except on weekends...I don't do 800-900 mile loads DIRECT either....there has to be a couple hours to spare...its too hard on this aging body...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now about buying parts when not rolling...warning the wife is not cool with boxes in the bedroom and living room you actually have to put them on :D
I buy my parts usually on the road...Iam very proactive.. belt tensioner kits, my filters...I change tensioner and both pulleys and belt every year....I haven't had an unscheduled breakdown yet

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I buy my parts usually on the road...Iam very proactive.. belt tensioner kits, my filters...I change tensioner and both pulleys and belt every year....I haven't had an unscheduled breakdown yet
In 11 years I've broke down twice loaded...once a tire because the spare was already on it, once an alternator...but lots of roadside repairs

If you knew that something was wrong ahead of time does that mean it was a "scheduled" breakdown? :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In 11 years I've broke down twice loaded...once a tire because the spare was already on it, once an alternator...but lots of roadside repairs

If you knew that something was wrong ahead of time does that mean it was a "scheduled" breakdown? :D
well of course...thats Canadian speak....keep it between us....hush...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reactions: ntimevan