Malware

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am only on E.O. and my virus protection keeps informing me that it is blocking a "malware attack". It says it is a "Trojan Horse". Is anyone else seeing this? :confused:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What are the details of the Trojan? Should have the name of it, and probably the filename and location in the details.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What are the details of the Trojan? Should have the name of it, and probably the filename and location in the details.

Cannot find a listing of the problem. I changed the setting so the notice will stay up longer. I have Avast

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There should be a log somewhere in Avast you can look at. It should give the details.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have Avast Internet Security, not the free home version. I don't see what you pointed out on mine.

I am running a system scan to get it to generate a log. I must be missing something here. This should be easy. Might have to continue this tomorrow. Almost time for some Z's.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have Avast Internet Security, not the free home version.
Ah, OK. That's different. Open the interface, click on Scan Computer, then just below Scan Computer is Scan Now, Boot-Time Scan, and Scan Logs. Click Scan Logs.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This one just popped up:

URL:http://urlfilter.vmn.net/vmnsbf/data/121...
Process:C:\ProgramData\Anti-[COLOR=inherit !important]phishing[/COLOR] Domain Advi...
Infection:JS:ScriptSH-inf [Trj]

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This one just popped up:

URL:http://urlfilter.vmn.net/vmnsbf/data/121...
Process:C:\ProgramData\Anti-[COLOR=inherit !important]phishing[/COLOR] Domain Advi...
Infection:JS:ScriptSH-inf [Trj]
I got nothing.
17432.gif
It's a javascript of some kind.
I'd clear the browser cache, and then do a search on the computer for any *.js files and delete those, too. For sure get rid of the "scriptSH-inf" or "scriptSH.inf" file.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, bed time. Not hunting tomorrow, no ducks and I have a cold starting. I will work more on it tomorrow. Sorry if this caused people problems.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No problem. Might be better is you can do a screencap of the error. Less will get lost in Copy and Paste Translation.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Description: visicom_antiphishing.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Documents and Settings". Known file sizes on Windows 7/XP are 232,104 bytes (31% of all occurrences), 223,400 bytes, 217,256 bytes, 232,616 bytes or 206,504 bytes.
space.gif

The file is certified by a trustworthy company. The application starts when Windows starts (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). The file is not a Windows core file. The program has no visible window. The process listens for or sends data on open ports to a LAN or the Internet. Therefore the technical security rating is 58% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.
The software vendor offers the option to uninstall the associated program (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Anti-phishing Domain Advisor).

visicom_antiphishing.exe Windows process - What is it?

visicom_antiphising.exe is in most cases part of Anti-phising Domain Advisor from Visicom Media Inc.. Anti-phising Domain Advisor is internet browser extension which protects user from phising sites.

visicom_antiphishing.exe - What is visicom_antiphishing.exe ?

Seems to me you might want to leave this alone? It is being reported as a malware, but it seems to actually be protecting you from such activity. I love google!