Mail Order Bride

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you marry them ,then they become an American Citzen and it's "Ah So Sayonra Buggsy".

Bugsy Siegel

Seasoned Expediter
ROFL, maybe, but it'll be what, 6-12 months of "getting some" before they can jump ship, er, truck... :)

That's a better average then I've got now!!!

BTW, this is a totally tongue-in-cheek thread. I know a couple guys who've done it, one worked out well, the other not so well (she went back home due to being homesick.)

Personally, I'm not really looking, but I gotta be honest, the thought *has* crossed my mind, on more than one occasion!

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

I was offerd 5k plus expences once to go to another country and get married.

I was to big a chicken.they showed me videos of girl and everything
but I figured they would get me over there just to knock me off and steal my id then her and her man would come back.So I had to pass on that one.now after being married for 4 years to a local girl I have days that I wish I had gone.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Bernie if you are still around forget the celery and get some postage stamps. I'm sure you could find a skinny chick overseas. If China doesn't pan out try Rowanda. Lots of skinny chicks there. Plus those skinny ones require less postage. Good luck Dude!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
This is no lie. This guys name came up last week. I had a friend and an employee about 5 years.

He came into a couple of hundred thousand dollars before I meet him. When I did he had only been back in the US with a new kinda cute bride in tow with a big tummy.

Well as time went by, she turned out to be the Bride from Down Under. WOW did she take it to him. She actually broke his nose once, caused him to get fired from almost every contract he had (independent contractor) including me I subbed many jobs off to him but she was a wrecking ball.

When it was all said and done, he went from having a net worth of more than 300K (all cash from dead daddy) to being in debt to just over that amount in less than five years. In the mean time he had one heck of an income probably netting around 85 - 100K a year. At the end the income went way way down as to the wrecking ball, but the expenses soared.

So buyer be ware, maybee na never mind......

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I wrote a cute Australian for over a year. Got to where we were on the phone every weekend. Then I got my first credit card. Had a hard choice... visit her or buy a computer.

Jackie wants to visit Australia. It'll be my first time too. :7 :7 :7

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

Bugsy Siegel

Seasoned Expediter
>I wrote a cute Australian for over a year. Got to where we
>were on the phone every weekend. Then I got my first credit
>card. Had a hard choice... visit her or buy a computer.
>
>Jackie wants to visit Australia. It'll be my first time too.
>:7 :7 :7
>
>"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't
>know." - Kansas

Australia is an amazing place, the people are so friendly it's almost incomprehensible! I'd definitely for-go the computer for another visit, especially if I had a cutie waiting to meet me when I landed.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have always wanted to vist New Zealand. A while back I worked with an Aussie,great guy and he thought the best thing in the world was at 5PM to have a beer with his mates.

Now the Hawk can't have a cutie waiting,like most of us he is in a indentured labor situation,plus has 1 child and 1 on the way.:p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"Indentured labor", huh? So, what do you get when you've finally repaid her invesment in you?:p ;) :+

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Here's something different to try!
Purchase a small place to live at Myrtle Beach, S.C.---Then go to Ohio or Michigan and mention to a couple of chics thats where you live and in no time flat, You'll have thousands of women to choose from!

Pappy
;) ;) ;)

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Along the same subject, About 8 years ago when working as a local delivery truck driver for a silk plant and tree distributor in South FL... one of the cuban tree makers (who only spoke english when he really needed to) offered me $15,000 to marry one of his cousins in Cuba... He was serious as a heart attack!

Told me his family would pay to fly me to Mexico, then to Cuba... I'd stay there a certain number of days - I think it was like 5 or 7 days if memory serves me correct. I'd marry her, then fly to Mexico, then back into the US... I'd have to remain married to her by law for 5 years at the time it was told to me... for her to become an American Citizen. I'd get $15,000 upon returning to the US with her.

I didn't do it, I was concerned that I'd get into Cuba and get knocked off by some nut case.

Off the subject, this guy who offered me this deal - he was a young boy when he came to the US from Cuba, during the Murial Boat Lift that invaded Miami back in the 70's or 80's.
At that time, he had 2 kids, and drove a new Toyota!

That factory was nothing but cubans...
We joked about going in there on a Friday afternoon and yelling
"INS, show your green cards!"

and seeing how many would return on Monday.

Down in South FL, as is the case in many large metro area's... there's many factories with foreign workers - and many are made to work there by threats of deportation by employers.

I was offered $3,000 once to go down to Loredo, and walk into Mexico. Get a MotorHome and drive it into the U.S. and back to Jersey.
They hide drugs and guns in them, some inspection stations let them go by, some don't. it's all about who pays who off.

I'd rather drive a rock band around the US, and let them do things I don't know about behind that black curtain...
as I drive and spray air freshener up front, occasionally eating 12 granola bars in 3 hours because I get so hungry.

Smile!
BigBusBob

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Back in the 80's I was ofered $10,000 from a TWA pilot to go to Hong Kong before it became part of Red China and marry a woman in order to get her family into the USA. The INS rule then was you had to stay married for 3 years before you could obtain a divorce. It was explained to me that these people were not interested in any welfare programs,they had money and needed to get out of Hong Kong.

Well I also refused as my feeling was, what if this woman doesn't want to get divorced,and is a complete nuisance to my life. Now if that 10K changed to 100K maybe I might have done it.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
>Any thoughts? I've seen some really cute ones, and God
>knows, I don't have any luck with the American ladies.

Be careful, very careful... is all I can say.

Are they looking for companionship and a relationship -or- just an easy way out of their country into a better life.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Reminds me, while in South Korea in the mid seventies I was offered $10,000.00 to marry a guys sister. To this day she was one of the finest looking women I have ever seen. The deal was if I stayed married for three years another $50,000.00 would be mine. Heck I would have paid.

Instead I waited a couple of years and married a German.(with no money)