Luxury

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We were lucky enough to be able to spend an evening and morning with the Hamner's last week.

It was so awesome to have the four of us sitting at their table and be comfortable. We had a lot of fun visiting and sharing ideas and things we have all been doing to help us get down the road easier.

My mind though kept going back to that table and how much easier it will be when we get our new truck to cook dinner and to have guests! Right now I am sure many of you can imagine when we have 4 people over what one of them is sitting on..

We are looking forward to the day we will have the luxury of a table and I will not have to cook in bed!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
We loved the time to visit with you all! Since I do most of our cooking in the truck, I can't imagine doing it without a table.

OK Leo, the table works for "other things" also. It is pretty heavy duty!! :)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm sitting here with my computer on my table so I know they're good. I'm just saying that from a different pov that cooking/eating without having to get out of bed is considered a luxury in some places.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
It is always a great time sitting down at the dinner table witth others. While you titled the thread "Luxury" matmarketingd it certainly is that for most of us out here on the road, it has also become that for alot of families as time has become "splintered" with family members running here and there grabbing something to eat on the run.

I like to think that many issues are covered at the "table" when famile and friends gather to eat... to that end, the following is taken from the marketing materials for my Personal Chef business:

DINNER time. Time for the family and friends to gather at the table. The table has always been a place of gathering. It is within these gatherings that we find the closeness of family. As we sit and eat and talk with each other face to face, across from each other there are no cell phones, no voice mail, no pagers, no e-mail, and no I-pods just the voices and laughter across the table.

We want to give you the old fashion dinner table back, to discuss your day and to do away with the formalities and just enjoy each others company without any distractions.

The basis fir this came from another PC, but i added a few things and changed it here and there, but the "table" was central for both the original chef and me, he gave his blessings to me to use it with the changes and additions.

Enjoy your new table!!!:D

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have always been a "Table" family as we are all card and game nuts.

We got rid of cable TV when the kids became teenagers so as to not spend so much time staring at an ill mannered box. To this day when we are together the time is spent at the kitchen table either catching up with how our day has went or beating each others butts at a game of cards. We are all pretty competitive so our card games have a lot of smack talking going on and a lot of laughing not really caring who wins but who can talk the best game.

Sitting at the Hamner's table out here on the road just emphasized how much we miss what was once our focal point.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I know how inconvenient it is to not have a table in the sleeper. The first truck we drove did not have one and it was really annoying and frustrating to me. Each truck we have driven since has had a table in it and now I just can't imagine being without one. I know you will enjoy it when you get it! :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I was reading and just could not let it go. im sure she wiped off the table before you ate. LOL, sorry, sorry, sorry. once again, LOL now if anybody comes to visit and your table is broken, we all will know how it happened !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I know that facts are really boring but I cannot resist let the truth be known. Bob I am sure prefers the fantasy but this is a trucking forum....

Attachments

• Cooking in Bed!.jpg
    Cooking in Bed!.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 39

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Why yes that would be a moose. I used to always have a stuffed moose on the dash but he has been retired to the house. When ever the girls go to Alaska they always bring me back something with a moose on it.

Moose are awesome!! Right?