LRT Expedite closes it's doors.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
LRT Expedite has informed us they are ceasing operations.

Drivers owed money by this company should contact their lawyer, or perhaps OOIDA in furthering their claims.

Dale

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
LRT Expedite has informed us they are ceasing operations.
Drivers owed money by this company should contact their lawyer, or perhaps OOIDA in furthering their claims.

Dale

I wish John the best and also those who he owes money . I never received the yelling and such that you all said you received, but I guess things happen and stress can change your personality if you have ever run a business by yourself. Poop happens and we move on. Tomorrow you will be talking about another company and you will be happy. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wish John the best and also those who he owes money . I never received the yelling and such that you all said you received, but I guess things happen and stress can change your personality if you have ever run a business by yourself. Poop happens and we move on. Tomorrow you will be talking about another company and you will be happy. IMHO

I run the same type of business that LRT ran and I have never snapped on one of my drivers. If you can't handle running a business you shouldn't be in business. People on here always bash other drivers for coming on here and trying to warn people about companies ripping them off and everyone says that they are whining. I was also yelled at when I drove for LRT and I got bashed in here for talking about it. The only reason I'm digging this back up now is because they are out of business and it's not going to reflect badly on my company because these issues have been broght out into the public eye by an administrator. I wish you all the best of luck in getting paid!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I drove for Roadway. They yelled at us. In the early 90's I was making $70,000+ . If you pay above average,and the checks clear,I'll decide if I want to tolerate your yelling.
If your checks bounce,or don't show up, why should I take your crap?
If someone does the job properly and doesn't get paid that is not whining.
It's just reporting the facts.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stress can make you treat people badly. Treating people badly can cause stress.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What really gets me about LRT is that all of the brokers out there thought he was running a tight ship and would give that company loads over my company. Then here I am doing things the right way and get ignored by a lot of the same brokers that used LRT as their first call. It doesn't make any sense but that is how the game is played I guess.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is an old saying and is still relevant to-day...Never mess with a guys paycheck....it'll bite ya in the butt every time....

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Anyone going into any type of business needs to learn that the owner of the company gets paid last. If there is nothing left for them at the end of the month, tough. It's not the fault of the employee's, contractors, suppliers, insurers, etc. Many businesses fail because the owner paid themselves first.

moose

Veteran Expediter
& when you do call OOIDA for help with collections, please start you conversation by thanking them for standing up for small business independent truckers in regards for this 2, now very relevant, issues:
*working hard to pass a new regulations requiring freight forwarders to buy a 75,000$ bond. not as high as OOIDA wanted it to be, but better then nothing.
* working with the Gov. to pass the, now very effective, re-ecurring carriers database. (preventing failed carriers/brokers from opening new business under new names- it cannot happens no more)

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
John was and is and will continue to be a big horse's butt...but I did get paid and he yelled ALL the time. He even yelled at me for using a GPS...told me REAL drivers use a map, NOT a GPS.

I feel he got what he deserved.

Retired Expediter

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What really gets me about LRT is that all of the brokers out there thought he was running a tight ship and would give that company loads over my company. Then here I am doing things the right way and get ignored by a lot of the same brokers that used LRT as their first call. It doesn't make any sense but that is how the game is played I guess.

Hey Blizzard, I use to have the same thing happen to me in the ER bizz... Some people just have better personal relationships with certain companies than others... The best thing you can do is be there for them when this kind of thing happens... Believe me, when they call you and ask On Call to work for them and you say no problem, we're here for you when you need us - you now have the better relationship... Remember "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait"...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Sometimes it is all about perception in the world of sales.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I hope that John is able to pay everyone. But generally when a company factors they have very little money that will come in after they shut down. They are getting their money in a day or two and spending it for ongoing operations. Not saying factoring is bad, but owner operators need to realize that if a company uses it and is paying slow it should be a warning sign.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

You must be running an honest ship. Most Brokers are BS artists and call it good salesmanship. It will catch them later on. A man that runs an honest business will be remembered well for just that. I have friends that ran company's back in the 70's and 80's that are still talked about how well they ran them and how well they treated their people. Don't let it get you down, if you continue to contact them that won't do business and show them it doesn't bother you, sooner or later they will come around and the ones that don't you don't need them.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I hope that John is able to pay everyone. But generally when a company factors they have very little money that will come in after they shut down. They are getting their money in a day or two and spending it for ongoing operations. Not saying factoring is bad, but owner operators need to realize that if a company uses it and is paying slow it should be a warning sign.

In my case it has a lot to do with the fact that I used to drive a van and now I'm getting into the other side of the business. I think that really scares some of the brokers out there. It's not like many van drivers really have the drive and ambition to become a broker/carrier. There really isn't much to be afraid. But some of the companies I used to deal with as a driver can't get it over the heads that I now own and operate a small broker/carrier operation. Therein lies the problem!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

That is very true John. I factor and I pay every 5 days now. I used to pay on the same day but it was causing too many accounting problems. There is no reason to not be paid promptly if your company is using a factoring company to fund their receivables. I can set up a booth at the expo and I don't have to worry about any estranged drivers coming there and physically assaulting me because I ripped them off lol! The joys of being honest.