Low prices are killing this month!ppl bending over like crazy!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Answer NONE!!
Imagine that......
Not hard to imagine at all. If there was any other answers carriers/brokers would be defending themselves on all social media.
53 ft sitting here in Dayton along side me since Monday. Only difference is he all week he has been filling his trailer with partial loads to take back north. Each partial he claims is paying him full rate. And 3 of his 9 pickups so far have come from carriers on this very site. But yet we are restricted 2 exclusive use.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Not hard to imagine at all. If there was any other answers carriers/brokers would be defending themselves on all social media.
53 ft sitting here in Dayton along side me since Monday. Only difference is he all week he has been filling his trailer with partial loads to take back north. Each partial he claims is paying him full rate. And 3 of his 9 pickups so far have come from carriers on this very site. But yet we are restricted 2 exclusive use.

I'm sure plenty do. It's part of survival. We do. I don't feel the need to broadcast it from the hilltops, but we do. Gotta pay the power bill! And food on the table. Etc.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure plenty do. It's part of survival. We do. I don't feel the need to broadcast it from the hilltops, but we do. Gotta pay the power bill! And food on the table. Etc.
If your referring to multiply loads.. I agree. I think its a good move. I could care less what they put on the truck, cookies,panties, or blu jeans,, Who cares. Instead we sit and wait on the auto plants/suppliers and mainly so they can stay in good grace/standings with them.. What we are hauling for is nearly the same price these guys are getting for partial loads.

Reactions: ajakapari

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
If your referring to multiply loads.. I agree. I think its a good move. I could care less what they put on the truck, cookies,panties, or blu jeans,, Who cares. Instead we sit and wait on the auto plants/suppliers and mainly so they can stay in good grace/standings with them.. What we are hauling for is nearly the same price these guys are getting for partial loads.

Was referring to shaving our margin to try to help get loads. I may have not referenced it well enough.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like any policy or rule they are made to be bent and twisted to suit the carrier .. Many a times what the customer does not know does not hurt him

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Was referring to shaving our margin to try to help get loads. I may have not referenced it well enough.
If I'm reading this right and
I never met ya Murray but with statements like this and listening to some of your O/O is the reason I think you should expand off into some straights. You one of only a few guys here that when ya say you care it can be believed. No doubt you work for your people from what I know. With that said I can promise ya the headache of straights will only bring ya a little more grief..:D

tknight

Veteran Expediter
If he stock piling loads apparently the receiver isn't in a life and death dire must have need as most of the loads we have to deliver that when we get there they really don't give a crap ! I have to not take loads because I've been up all day looking for loads and when they call me with something I'm already eye worn and tired from staring at a a screen all day wastingy available time to drive really I'm 64 already I don't stay awake 12-15 hrs and then drive all night !

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I agree knight. I can't remember the last actual expedit load I have hauled. It usually the same old eye roll and question as to why it was shipped. (Like I have the answer to that) If I had to guess I would say the majority of what I have been picking up this year is something a LTL carrier didn't want to pick up or didn't want to send a truck into the area. But yet its 100% auto related.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I would be happy doing nothing more than ltl specials that don't demand I beat myself to death rushing around just to see the receiver move the freight into a corner and walk away from it! Or complain why they got it even !

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I would be happy doing nothing more than ltl specials that don't demand I beat myself to death rushing around just to see the receiver move the freight into a corner and walk away from it! Or complain why they got it even !
The problem is that this kind of loads dont come with a premium pay.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Multiples add up I'm not interested in getting wealthy beyond my needs I have other income I just don't enjoy giving my time and truck away I'm sure you don't either.
Since when Is st8 truck rates of 1.20-1.30 premium pay anyways?
I can't wait for concert season to start!ImageUploadedByEO Forums1460587350.456812.jpg
First show is sin 2 weeks 3 day event if anyone's ever stuck in northeastern Ohio and wants to come your all welcome ! Van camping is available at no charge as well as I have a guest list so your backstage pass is good.

Last edited:

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
And your smoking what? What ever increase in FSC you get with never off set what you, your wife, brother, sister mother or father pay at the pump. Fuel dropped but the price of your wife's grocery bill didn't. And when it fell the grocery bill didn't drop.
pray fuel goes up,because when it does that basically paid for the entire trip and I could give my wife whats left and still have some for repairs now I have to take fuel out of the actual trip pay plus the surcharge.my wife says shes hungry because theres no money left over.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
pray fuel goes up,because when it does that basically paid for the entire trip and I could give my wife whats left and still have some for repairs now I have to take fuel out of the actual trip pay plus the surcharge.my wife says shes hungry because theres no money left over.
So in a sense your saying the trucks are subsidizing the vans with FSC. (I am assuming your in a van)
Like I said maybe the carriers should restructure how they pay FSC. Figure out the fleet average for vans and pay it accordingly. Based on van mileage and not total fleet mileage.
I don't know a single truck driver that says he makes money on FSC unless he finds his own freight then he loves the high prices. I would much rather pay low prices at the pump and forgo the higher FSC rate. I believe and from what I see on freight bills and emails regardless how high/low FSC is billed it doesn't all come to the truck. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you can do it and make it work, but it ain't working for the trucks. Low fuel prices work in my book.

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So in a sense your saying the trucks are subsidizing the vans with FSC. (I am assuming your in a van)
Like I said maybe the carriers should restructure how they pay FSC. Figure out the fleet average for vans and pay it accordingly. Based on van mileage and not total fleet mileage.
I don't know a single truck driver that says he makes money on FSC unless he finds his own freight then he loves the high prices. I would much rather pay low prices at the pump and forgo the higher FSC rate. I believe and from what I see on freight bills and emails regardless how high/low FSC is billed it doesn't all come to the truck. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you can do it and make it work, but it ain't working for the trucks. Low fuel prices work in my book.
ya see in a van like mine with the high MPG....the formula they use is so outdated I far out run the formula and I too was profiting from the FSC....at these low prices of fuel I am for the first time having to actually take money from my pocket to pay....and the truck formula now a days is also obsolete....I believe the base is set at 7mpg...many straights beat that with at hands down these days....hence more profit....hence at some carriers there was a time that fleet drivers wanted to pay 100% of fuel as they made money off it....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If he stock piling loads apparently the receiver isn't in a life and death dire must have need as most of the loads we have to deliver that when we get there they really don't give a crap ! I have to not take loads because I've been up all day looking for loads and when they call me with something I'm already eye worn and tired from staring at a a screen all day wastingy available time to drive really I'm 64 already I don't stay awake 12-15 hrs and then drive all night !
I don't even think I can do that anymore and I'm not even 40 yet. I think being up for 15 hours and then taking an all-nighter is not safe. I used to do it all of the time before I got sick though. You have to have that expediter nap; and you can't get a nap in if you're staring at a computer screen all day.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
If I'm reading this right and
I never met ya Murray but with statements like this and listening to some of your O/O is the reason I think you should expand off into some straights. You one of only a few guys here that when ya say you care it can be believed. No doubt you work for your people from what I know. With that said I can promise ya the headache of straights will only bring ya a little more grief..:D

We have been trying to get with a true industry professional to discuss any requirements we don't know about to go 10K+.
There's always more to it than thought.
And always surprises.
We just spent the last couple of weeks working on our insurance renewal, which took way longer than it should have.
So the 10K+ inquisition is back on the table.

No promises. Just a serious inquiry.

And there are plenty of people/carrier managers that truly care about driver well-being, I'm sure.
But the ones that care most about truly caring about each and every driver are the ones that have a PERAONAL stake in some semblance of driver success. Whether it be monetarily or professionally.

I imagine I'm not the only person that feels this way.
I'm sure the "like ticker" will show a few in agreement. LOL!!

Last edited: