Low prices are killing this month!ppl bending over like crazy!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
who would run a 2700 mile load for 30 some cents is what I was pointing out....and team direct drive at that....?....
I wouldn't take that load but somebody did.

also all that info would be in the load notes for which we are not privy to....and the whole topic is based on the assumption it would be a piggy back load aka double up opportunity especially at that price...
You were the one that introduced the piggy back scenario. I just pointed out that being a team was requested in the offer there probably would not be enough time to mess a round with multiple pick ups and deliveries.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The broker was fishing. The customer probably was charged at least $3000.
I see it more so now with Murray...the things they try to pull off.....post a load don't get the price they want...take it down and repost it an hour later...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The broker is trying to get the load out for as cheap as possible. In most cases the customer is also looking for the lowest price that's why 3PLs are so popular with shippers. One call, low price.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bottom line is pretty much...no one promised us to make a living....if it doesn't work for ya....can't make money....the door is on the right....good bye...

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every business I've ever owned or managed I've had competition undercutting my prices.

This business is in no way a unique business that differs from any other business in America. Every business person has competitors that they have to deal with and it's up to the individual business person to come up with a strategy to make a profit and stay in business regardless of the conditions.

Don't you think every corner gas station owner is cursing all the other gas station owners for making him keep his prices low. Every electrical contractor has competitors that undercut their prices. The locally owned grocery store has to compete with the big Super Walmart grocery stores. You want to get into lawn care business, just put a trailer hitch on your car buy a small trailer and riding mower and you can undercut all the high-end Lawn Care businesses that operate in your neighborhood.

Everybody talks about how American capitalism is the best thing in the world, except when it affects how much money they can make themselves I guess.

As has been said many times before, if you're not happy with the money you're making in this business get out!

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using Tapatalk

tknight

Veteran Expediter
the first time it posted was 1,000$ @ .27 and then they doubled it....nice guys...:eek:

Doubled it ? Who taught you math hahaha
There's more math mistakes here than I've ever seen. No wonder we're going broke
1000.00 on a 2700 mile load isn't .27
It's .37
And double 1000 isn't 1500
Just my .04 cents worth

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every business I've ever owned or managed I've had competition undercutting my prices.

This business is in no way a unique business that differs from any other business in America. Every business person has competitors that they have to deal with and it's up to the individual business person to come up with a strategy to make a profit and stay in business regardless of the conditions.

Don't you think every corner gas station owner is cursing all the other gas station owners for making him keep his prices low. Every electrical contractor has competitors that undercut their prices. The locally owned grocery store has to compete with the big Super Walmart grocery stores. You want to get into lawn care business, just put a trailer hitch on your car buy a small trailer and riding mower and you can undercut all the high-end Lawn Care businesses that operate in your neighborhood.

Everybody talks about how American capitalism is the best thing in the world, except when it affects how much money they can make themselves I guess.

As has been said many times before, if you're not happy with the money you're making in this business get out!

Sent from my RCT6213W87DK using Tapatalk

BINGO...we have a winner.....:)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
who would run a 2700 mile load for 30 some cents is what I was pointing out....and team direct drive at that....?....

also all that info would be in the load notes for which we are not privy to....and the whole topic is based on the assumption it would be a piggy back load aka double up opportunity especially at that price...

Happens thousands of times a day with bigger trucks, I'm betting. It's expedited LTL. They don't usually care what it rides with. But if it works for the truck and the carrier, it works. "If it fits, it ships"

tknight

Veteran Expediter
In my world of expedite I'm forbidden from taking a tag along load I had a piece of my audio gear i sold to someone along the way with me very small road case when I got to my pickup the phone calls kept on coming as the shoppe was complaining I had other freight in the truck and they were afraid it was going to escape from the other side of a load bar and hurt their precious parts of 4 skids even with a 16' gap between them, I had to leave and take it back to my shop for a different delivery date......reading between the lines I'm sure you know what I did!

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, let me see if I've got this right. When a CV or Sprinter takes a load like this they're low-life bottom feeders, when a big truck takes it as an expedited partial they're a savvy operators.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, let me see if I've got this right. When a CV or Sprinter takes a load like this they're low-life bottom feeders, when a big truck takes it as an expedited partial they're a savvy operators.
Nope you got that wrong... If a van took the partial they too would be saavy

tknight

Veteran Expediter
So I asked a point blank question to both of my current pimps
"So you seem to have cut my rates by 25-30% opt more , what percentage did you cut your rates in order to secure work for your drivers and o/o ?

Answer NONE!!

Imagine that......

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
So I asked a point blank question to both of my current pimps
"So you seem to have cut my rates by 25-30% opt more , what percentage did you cut your rates in order to secure work for your drivers and o/o ?

Answer NONE!!

Imagine that......
images-18.jpeg