Low prices are killing this month!ppl bending over like crazy!

WeGoneMakeIt

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Well I think their are more units in the market and that contributes. One of the other big factors is the multi carrier model which often results in the same unit being posted numerous times. This creates artificial supply and thus drives down demand harder. When three carriers are competing for one load (all for the same van) all it does is drive down the rates people!!!! SMH.

Correct

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I never could understand why the people doing the multi carrier thing have such a hard time understanding that !!

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I never could understand why the people doing the multi carrier thing have such a hard time understanding that !!

As a former multi, I can agree that you are correct some of the time. However, there were times when I had more than one carrier bid on a load for me and the higher rate won, usually because the customer knew and trusted the higher bidder. And a lot of times, one of several carriers would have a customer base in a particular area that other carriers did not, so I would get loads out of those areas where I would otherwise just sit or have to deadhead . My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the fact over the last year 2 major load board contributors have gone the preferred carrier route with very little of the excess hitting the boards being available for others...there is still some of course but greatly reduced as they are kept in house as much as possible....
If this trends continues ,as a business person I can see the reasoning to know where their freight is without going thru 6 different people,...its going to get even tougher with some fighting over what scraps are left over...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mr $1.80 straight truck is getting screwed more times then not....shipper just gets 2 .65 CVs and saves .50 a mile and Mr buck eighty sits...its getting that way

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Mr $1.80 straight truck is getting screwed more times then not....shipper just gets 2 .65 CVs and saves .50 a mile and Mr buck eighty sits...its getting that way
Never even thought of it this way , suck bout it's possible if they were thinking!

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
If the load allows it to go into 2 CV"s and 65cent might be what the driver is getting .. But who knows exactly what that load was booked for only dispatch... 1 Sprinter can replace the 2 CVs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
The straight truck loads usually are not a lot more quantity then what sprinter takes ... It's the DIMs or Weight that sprinter can't handle.... Also lift gate comes into play....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've done double call out loads... 2 sprinters 3 skids each... About 4-5 times... Don't know the reasons or circumstances not my concern only the $$$$ matter

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Dave Sullivan

Seasoned Expediter
I run a cube van just to confuse every on, if the load calls for cv the shipper is happy if it call for a dock high ST I back onto blocks PLUS I can carry 5500lbs some of the brokers don't have any clue what there doing

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I run a cube van just to confuse every on, if the load calls for cv the shipper is happy if it call for a dock high ST I back onto blocks PLUS I can carry 5500lbs some of the brokers don't have any clue what there doing
I knew another guy who used blocks as well ... I've seen a lot in this biz.... Nothing surprises me

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am guessing you drive with a Logbook ....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Grizzly

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
when I had my Hazmat endorsement not even once did dispatch or safety check on me that I scaled when they were open or even logged....heck they never even called to receive copies of said log book for their records where by law they should be doing as they do with big trucks...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
does a cargo van or Transit/promaster log?.....that is with the over weight loads...
d3c689a459c892b0e79d90609068554f.jpg