Loves Travel Stop

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a odd charge show up for Loves from the other day for $4.24
I can't for the life of me figure it out. I remember making a quick bathroom stop. Too much for coffee (which I wouldn't have got anyways), to low for fuel which I also would not of done, yet made the charge on my business account.
Has me scratching my head. What could have been such a great deal?

Ah-ha, just figured it out. Couldn't find the receipt because I set it a side.

Had to receive a fax for a load pickup.

Definitely, a rare occurrence, I knew I wouldn't purchase something from Loves unless I had to

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: DollarSign

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Don't care for loves, for all the reasons stated. Useful Intel though.
Exceptions always exist, and I have parked in some without issue. Size of parking lot is a clue as many are rather skimpy. Ambiance seems hostile in most (I think it's the signs).

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
A BIG UPDATE!!!!!!!

I was on a load a couple of weeks ago and after I delivered there was a Loves like 4 to 6 miles away. It was the Loves in Mccomb MS. I got there at 6 to 7am after delivery of my load and went in paid for a shower and went to bed.

About 4 to 5pm got a someone beating on the side of the van. Now mind you I was parked up front and away from the building. I get up and it was the manager. I said yeah what up, he said it's good that you came out cause I was about to call the company and have this van towed! What??

He said did you not read the sign, 1hr parking. I said yeah but there everywhere and I'm with the vehicle. Doesnt matter, I've towed 4 vehicles this week. I told him about me talking to the home office about us parking and he said they have nothing to do with it. He ask me how long was I going to stay and told him that I got a load and will be leaving soon. THEY HAD A NOTE SAYING IF I DIDN'T LEAVE BY 11:30PM I WILL BE TOWED!

I called the home office and told them my experience at that store and what I was told from earlier from the home office about Loves couldn't ask me to leave. Well he informed me that i got wrong information from that person. Loves wants you in and out. They want vehicles coming and going. No staying period! Told him that PFJ and TA/Petro doesnt mind expeditor Sprinters Van's park up front and that yall are not friendly to us.

He said you could stay in the back with the big trucks but must be with the vehicle. That's the only way, LOL. I told him no thanks and I wont be spending money or staying there anymore. He said if that's what you have to do then I understand. We both said have a good day and that was it.

It's just sad that a truckstop treats expeditors in Sprinters like that. Just have to write them off the list!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only thing I do at Love’s is use the restroom, or occasionally the restaurant. My percentages are the same as Wornout’s: 90+% PFJ. We do like TA/Petro for the restaurants and amenities, tho

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A BIG UPDATE!!!!!!!

I was on a load a couple of weeks ago and after I delivered there was a Loves like 4 to 6 miles away. It was the Loves in Mccomb MS. I got there at 6 to 7am after delivery of my load and went in paid for a shower and went to bed.

About 4 to 5pm got a someone beating on the side of the van. Now mind you I was parked up front and away from the building. I get up and it was the manager. I said yeah what up, he said it's good that you came out cause I was about to call the company and have this van towed! What??

He said did you not read the sign, 1hr parking. I said yeah but there everywhere and I'm with the vehicle. Doesnt matter, I've towed 4 vehicles this week. I told him about me talking to the home office about us parking and he said they have nothing to do with it. He ask me how long was I going to stay and told him that I got a load and will be leaving soon. THEY HAD A NOTE SAYING IF I DIDN'T LEAVE BY 11:30PM I WILL BE TOWED!

I called the home office and told them my experience at that store and what I was told from earlier from the home office about Loves couldn't ask me to leave. Well he informed me that i got wrong information from that person. Loves wants you in and out. They want vehicles coming and going. No staying period! Told him that PFJ and TA/Petro doesnt mind expeditor Sprinters Van's park up front and that yall are not friendly to us.

He said you could stay in the back with the big trucks but must be with the vehicle. That's the only way, LOL. I told him no thanks and I wont be spending money or staying there anymore. He said if that's what you have to do then I understand. We both said have a good day and that was it.

It's just sad that a truckstop treats expeditors in Sprinters like that. Just have to write them off the list!
Yup, sticking with my original thoughts, there's no Love for us at Loves

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like the Loves north of St. Louis off MO 370. Much quieter than the J in Pontoon Beach.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I like the Loves north of St. Louis off MO 370. Much quieter than the J in Pontoon Beach.
Maybe true, but it seems that even the home office doesn't want us there. Also just thinking out loud, the reason its quite is cause no one is there :tearsofjoy:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm at a Love's right now in Georgia, parked next to another Load One van. I'll let hyou know if we get kicked out.

Yesterday I spent about 24 hours at that new-ish Love's just north of Madisonville, KY. No problems.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couple of night ago, I slept at a small Loves in Palestine, AR. No issues. There were 3 other vans there.

I think the reports of hostility towards vans are more likely to be isolated incidents rather than company wide policy. For whatever reason that specific location, Loves .. Pilot .. Flying J, has deemed us persona non grata.

We just need to stay clear of those locations. Screw 'em ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I have no animosity towards any business that restricts parking.

When the concept of Truck Stops began, they were for....trucks!

They grew into Travel Centers, and a long time later box trucks and vans started roaming the country, sometime after dinosaurs (and OVM) came. Early on, no problem, a truck or two parked out front at night, minded their business and left the next day. Now there are thousands of us pulling in somewhere every night and some staying for days! Add to that the homeless influx camping out. Plus, some older locations have very little parking up front. And we've all seen the van (usually Bolt) that pulls in front of the front door, puts up a screen, and camps there.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan