Lot Lizards

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I cant believe anyone with an ounce of self respect would even consider a lot lizard.... plain nasty. As others said...just listen to CB and watch them jump truck to truck.

I would never frequent for pay, but I thinking a truck stop lot lizard has to be the bottom rung even in THAT profession.

Dale
Especially when you can Google your brains out for free.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
OK, not trying to be a total buzz kill here. The other day I was sitting in my van and started thinking about these girls and broke down weeping for quite a while.

Have you ever thought about how bad these girls have to be hurting to do what they do? From truck to truck to truck and you have seen those guys in the truck stops, they cant enjoy it.

Many are basically in slavery to a pimp who threatens them and their families if they quit.
They had goals, hopes and dreams, they went school just like your kids and grandkids. Someone taught them to walk, gave them their food, taught them how to ride a bike. Maybe they were in girl scouts, on the soccer team. They planned on going to college, getting married and having children of their own. Drugs and pimps and have robbed them of hope. Many will end up in jail, die of an overdose or come up "missing". Even if they can leave the industry the emotional damage and detachment is hard for these girls to overcome. These girls are precious to God, Jesus died for each and every one.

I would love to see a rescue ministry put together for those who want out. Relocate, council and assist them in life. Show them that they are valuable and loved.

Pray for em

Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Good points Rich... gotta wonder what life choices lead someone to think that was their only option.

I'd never be rude to them, just no thanks.

Dale

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fortunately, in a van, I don't have to deal with that very often. Only once in all this time have I been approached.

I'm sure there are those who look upon truck drivers in general, and van expediters in particular, and wonder what all has gone wrong in their lives to make them so desperate to make a living in such a manner. So I make no judgments of anyone else.

guido4475

Not a Member
OK, not trying to be a total buzz kill here. The other day I was sitting in my van and started thinking about these girls and broke down weeping for quite a while.

Have you ever thought about how bad these girls have to be hurting to do what they do? From truck to truck to truck and you have seen those guys in the truck stops, they cant enjoy it.

Many are basically in slavery to a pimp who threatens them and their families if they quit.
They had goals, hopes and dreams, they went school just like your kids and grandkids. Someone taught them to walk, gave them their food, taught them how to ride a bike. Maybe they were in girl scouts, on the soccer team. They planned on going to college, getting married and having children of their own. Drugs and pimps and have robbed them of hope. Many will end up in jail, die of an overdose or come up "missing". Even if they can leave the industry the emotional damage and detachment is hard for these girls to overcome. These girls are precious to God, Jesus died for each and every one.

I would love to see a rescue ministry put together for those who want out. Relocate, council and assist them in life. Show them that they are valuable and loved.

Pray for em

I think there is something, a hotline, to report human trafficking as it is called, but I also think it goes farther than that, helping them to change their lives, etc.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I think there is something, a hotline, to report human trafficking as it is called, but I also think it goes farther than that, helping them to change their lives, etc.

There are many rehab places in most states, but the person in need must want to go to get well. I think rehab/reforming lot lizzards/hookers is not on a high priority list to rehab reformers. Lot Lizzards/Hookers is a a social type of entertainment that is make fun of and it gives many of us someting to write about, joke about and so on, but you never hear about the disease part and broken families this lifestyle gives society.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And then there are some gals that are true professionals.....they pick the client, have their own transportation, no pimp, they are good looking, clean ....I thought once , gee isn;t that nice a wife drove to the TS to bring her hubby lunch while passing thru...nope someone said, she's a working gal...By the look of some drivers I think it is the girl that should worry about diseases....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
if they would legalize it many of the problems would become less in frequency.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
if they would legalize it many of the problems would become less in frequency.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Agreed....legalizing it would many problems would go away...

What a person does with their body is of no concern of the government....

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Agreed....legalizing it would many problems would go away...

What a person does with their body is of no concern of the government....

Forgetting any personal views as to the morality, or the legality... it's the plain 'icky' factor when they hop truck to truck. (yes, icky is a hillbilly word lol)

Dale

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was approached two different times by two different women at the T/A near Asheville, one of them following me walking back to the truck and ignoring several "no, thank you's" along the way and just about trying to climb into the truck in spite of repeated refusals. The other was a very nice looking woman who said if I wanted company it was ok because she wasn't police and pulled her top open showing her breasts and suggesting I touch them as legal proof it wasn't a setup. I gave her a no thank you as well and kept my hands inside the truck. I don't recall where it was but one other time I watched a woman going truck to truck with a couple of them inviting her in. Sometimes the view out the window is more entertaining than the view on the tv screen.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Literally? I think some people use that as a figure of speech.

They had goals, hopes and dreams, they went school just like your kids and grandkids. Someone taught them to walk, gave them their food, taught them how to ride a bike. Maybe they were in girl scouts, on the soccer team. They planned on going to college, getting married and having children of their own. Drugs and pimps and have robbed them of hope. Many will end up in jail, die of an overdose or come up "missing". Even if they can leave the industry the emotional damage and detachment is hard for these girls to overcome.
Otoh, some were what we'd call white trash, and didn't have any of those things, and were raised as trash, and see little or nothing wrong with what they're doing.

Two pictures come to mind when I think of that. One was a little girl of about 4, in a picture taken by her father, I imagine. She's wearing filthy clothes, her face is filthy, and her hair looked like it had never been touched by a comb. She has a cigarette dangling from her lips. Behind her, the living room looks like a typical white trash house. Whoever took the picture apparently thought it was cute, but it was really pathetic.

The other was a YouTube video that I think I posted here before. It's of a bald guy, an obvious ex-con, singing with a beautiful young daughter, and the words are all obscene, about f****** up a snitch. He sings a line,and she repeats it. Again, really sad and pathetic, a girl with no reasonable future if something isnt done to rescue her quick. What future does she and the other filthy, white trash girl have?
These girls are precious to God, Jesus died for each and every one.
Actually, He died only for the elect.
Didnt Didnt Bishop Don Magic Juan repent of his sins and start such a ministry? I heard something like that.

Last edited:

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
To answer the original questions... No, the cashiers and Subway workers are Not Lizards- they're just flirts that may or may not be single and may or may not find a person attractive enough to enjoy a good time after their shift ends. Do you approach them, or should you let them approach you- well, for personal safety reasons- it's never a good idea to let them approach you- as they may be attempting to rob you or spray you with pepper spray as you're getting in the rig so they can rob you- they shut the door, turn off the radio and get the cell away from you so you can't call for help- the door closes and your screams for help are muffled as they beat you and you can only hope that a driver is close by and hears the screams and breaks it up. They say you should not beat a woman, but if a woman is armed and attacking somebody- like a lizard- by all rights, hate to be this way... but beat the tar out of them- right out of the truck. Find out the facts later on. Get the weapon away from them is the 1st thing you need to do- knives, guns, sprays. Then attempt to restrain them. Check on the driver that was attacked. Somewhere in all this- be calling for help and medical attention. Should You call on them? That's a personal choice, I've had lizards come in when weather was not so nice- only to use the CB to advertise. When inviting a lizard into the cab- it's been for conversation, the curtains are open. Wallet has been hidden, as has any thing of want like a cell phone or laptop. I had a lizard come to the truck that was very pregnant. I had another one that came to the truck that looked like she hadn't seen soap, shampoo, or fresh/clean water in two or three days at least. Most of the time, they're very happy to just have a clean bottle of water or a snack and a light short conversation. They have interesting stories to tell, and their histories are very colorful. They'll tell you some haunting stories too... the kind of stories that are so sick and twisted that you know they're true- because some stuff you just can't make up with even the wildest imagination. If you're interested, on a busy Friday or Sat. night, in a somewhat large truck stop- turn on the CB to 19, and listen. You'll hear them calling or being advertised. Commercial Company is often an angle they'll use. Party Favors are often drugs- don't recommend you mess with them. And, I don't park on the back row unless it's daytime. Knives, and sprays are carried by many- so be forewarned. and Few are what you'd call "Clean" in many ways. Often times, they're strung out on drugs and/or have an addiction to some drug or alcohol.
Hopefully this answers your questions.
BBB
And by the way- they will knock on more than a semi door... they'll knock on a straight truck, and a private bus, as well as a passenger charter bus.