Looking for some cooking ideas

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I swear we have as much cooking crap in our truck as we do at the house. I've said before that we don't have the tag axle for extra freight weight....it's just to carry the Puerto Rican's cooking supplies. We even have spice racks mounted inside the cabinet doors.

While I like to give her crap about it, she has proven to me time and time again that she uses every bit of it. We very seldom eat out...usually only when we meet up with good friends on the road.

If you're talking about the pasta steamer, we got ours at Wal-mart...the kind with the strainer in the lid. We also have a crockpot, a single plug-in burner, an electric skillet, a toaster, and a microwaveable rice cooker. As I'm sure Zorry will attest, the island women are VERY particular about their rice.

We've got a real simple recipe for sweet & sour sauce with kielbasa and white rice, if you're interested.

Kristi

Active Expediter
I swear we have as much cooking crap in our truck as we do at the house. I've said before that we don't have the tag axle for extra freight weight....it's just to carry the Puerto Rican's cooking supplies. We even have spice racks mounted inside the cabinet doors.

While I like to give her crap about it, she has proven to me time and time again that she uses every bit of it. We very seldom eat out...usually only when we meet up with good friends on the road.

If you're talking about the pasta steamer, we got ours at Wal-mart...the kind with the strainer in the lid. We also have a crockpot, a single plug-in burner, an electric skillet, a toaster, and a microwaveable rice cooker. As I'm sure Zorry will attest, the island women are VERY particular about their rice.

We've got a real simple recipe for sweet & sour sauce with kielbasa and white rice, if you're interested.

I would love that recipe. U can PM it if u like for share it on here

I'm learning what I can do in the truck. I wasn't comfortable with the Convection/Micro at first but I'm getting better. I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thank u so very much

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Kristi

Active Expediter
I think I did good tonight.

Pork Loin, baked potato and sauteed zuccini

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336354496686.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336354496686.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 38

Kristi

Active Expediter
You did that with the rice cooker?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Lol...no. I used the convection/microwave for the meat and potatoes and my electric skillet for the zuccini.

I'd be once amazing cook if I had done all that in the rice cooker...lol

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
How are you people washing these things? How many times are you reusing kitchen equipment without washing it?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How are you people washing these things? How many times are you reusing kitchen equipment without washing it?

Who are you calling "you people"?

They probably have sinks and running water. Duh...

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Kristi, very nice...as for washing stuff..ahhh i am i a van, i keep a case of water in here, water in a dirty pan, a few drops of dish soap, put it in the micro wave to get the water hot, wash with a cloth, rince and dry...its really that simple...oh no soap in the iron skillet..its well seasoned over 10-12 yrs, just hot water wipe it out and dry it on the butane burner...

Kristi

Active Expediter
Kristi, very nice...as for washing stuff..ahhh i am i a van, i keep a case of water in here, water in a dirty pan, a few drops of dish soap, put it in the micro wave to get the water hot, wash with a cloth, rince and dry...its really that simple...oh no soap in the iron skillet..its well seasoned over 10-12 yrs, just hot water wipe it out and dry it on the butane burner...

Thank u Chef. It was blown away that the pork loin didn't get all dried out. It was juciy and tender. And the left overs are fantabulous! Lol

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How are you people washing these things?

In the rice cooker, silly - it heats water & makes a good 'dishpan' too. I have a sink, and would have running water - if I bothered to fill the tank. I find it just as easy to keep a couple gallons of water & refill when I go in a truckstop, [and snort at the "2 for $4.00" sale price for gallons of water that cost 87 cents at WalMart].

How many times are you reusing kitchen equipment without washing it?

As many as I do in a home kitchen: none.

ryansexpress

Seasoned Expediter
Never. I carry at least 8 gallons of water and I heat water in the kitchen kettle, my little blue pot or the elec frying pan and I was my dishes with hot wate and dish liquid. I also carry 2 plastic tubs to use. Where there is a will, there is a way. You would be surprise at the number of things you can cook in a truck..lol