Looking for a list of reputable cargo van expediting companies

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do a search on hung seems like I have read something to do with pay for load not being told before drivers do the load. Not positive so search on here for them.

Ducking

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bolt is a good company. Anne Keel is one of their recruiters and she is "a stand up guy" meaning she tells it like it is and can be counted on for honesty and integrity. John Mueller at PTL is another stand up guy who's even a guy. You can count on what he tells you also as he's a man of honesty and integrity. I didn't mention them because I'm pretty sure the monkey would be a deal breaker.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2 simple reasons X should not call Bolt......felony is newer. Red Flag for them......2nd. somedays you need to count to 20. ....but yes I am leased to them for 2 years now....90 % happy overall....& not jumping the fence anytime soon.......:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

xerxes

Active Expediter
Thanks Xiggi, LBD, and you others for your leads. I've just been researching Bolt under the name "Bolt Express" and I'm quickly pulling up complaint after complaint. Do I have the right bolt company?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep....x....you do. ...but some of those posts are older and repeated.....every company has warts & alot of drivers that like it where their at ...won t tell you because their company OVER hires and then its harder getting loads in some areas. .....just find one that will work for YOU..... 2 years ago I was the only Bolt poster and took crap for it....but its mostly where you feel comfortable and can make some $$$$$$ ....:D

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey , I just had a brain fart. ..why don t you put together your resume & work history & vehicle info and head to the EXPO......there will be alot of companys right there where you can communicate 1 on 1. ....:D

xerxes

Active Expediter
Ok ntimevan I'll take your comments to heart. I'll call them on Monday and find out about their hiring requirements and see if I'm even eligible to apply. Thank you very much!

xerxes

Active Expediter
Attending an expo might be something I'd consider in the near future, but as for right now the most expedient method I use is to just call companies verbally relay my info and then determine if I'm eligible to be hired on. I save a lot of time and effort this way.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the expo you can speak face to face with many recruiters in a couple hours. No phone tag plus free classes that will give you a leg up. And its free.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

xerxes

Active Expediter
I didn't realize attending the expo was free! When I think of expo I naturally think of convention and that money is required to attend them. So I really just have to worry about getting to and from them which isn't a problem. Thanks for the insight Xiggi.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Do a little research on The Expedite Expo. There's a lot of good info there but there's also A LOT of recruiting available there.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Ok ntimevan I'll take your comments to heart. I'll call them on Monday and find out about their hiring requirements and see if I'm even eligible to apply. Thank you very much!

I know Bolt hires felons because they hired me but mine was 9 or 10 years old at that point so I am not sure on the exact requirement. They might not hire you if things are slow but if things change their policy may as well. I would ignore older complaints about Bolt, including my own as it seems they are not as relevant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I've been on vacation but Paul he assaults you I got your back! :p
(And in case someone gets their panties in a wad...that was a joke!)

)0( Nasmaste )0(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In response to the questions asked, [which reputable carriers will hire someone with a recent felony assault conviction, & which carriers to avoid], my response is: none, and any carrier that would hire you.
Drivers with a hair trigger temper [as evidenced by your replies to Paullud & Turtle] are the last thing a reputable carrier needs. As someone who must share the roads, I agree with their viewpoint.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had to look it up. Having done so,--- I think a little time in an anger-management class would be time well spent. By the time you get to the point of felonious assault, things are pretty well out of control and police are deeply involved to keep you from physically harming/killing your opponent. Yeah, that's pretty serious-- and a deal-breaker for a lot of companies.

This is a recent thing. The conviction was only last year. If--IF-- you can prove that you've got your issues under control, you'll stand a better chance. Replies like the ones to Paullud and Turtle will work against you, since even through the screen I can almost sense the desire to pick up a pipe-wrench and chase them with it. Any carrier who sees those responses will immediately get cold feet since you're still on a hair trigger. Anger management classes would be a good place to start.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't appreciate the bulk of your commentary either Mr. Turtle...
I rather expected you wouldn't.

and here's why...

Heres the first paragraph of my initial thread please re-read it:

"I'm starting this thread because I'm hoping that someone will be able to provide recommendations for good reputable expediting companies that I can hire onto. Any suggestions on which companies to avoid would be welcomed also."

Now where in that paragraph or within that entire ORIGINAL thread that I posted, were you able to deduce that I was asking for specific advice pertaining to felony convictions or life advice in general?!
No where. That's why I said you should have stopped with that paragraph. If you had, you would have received zero responses pertaining to felony convictions or, quite likely, life advice in general.

My request was clear and specific...
Perhaps in your mind, but if it was truly clear and specific, you would have received precisely what you thought you were asking for.

I just wanted feedback on what expedting companies people felt were good to work for and which ones were to be avoided. The stats were provided for ONE REASON ONLY...to allow a person that was replying to my thread to determine if my qualifications were a fit for any company that might want to suggest to me!
You should have stated that very thing in your original post then.

Here's an example of the kinds of replies I was hoping for.

Example: Xerxes you might want to try applying to tiger transport. Your stats showed that you have a cargo van and they need those. Your stats show that your MVR is clean and they hire guys with no more than two speeding tickets. Your stats show that you can pass a drug screen and they do require that you pass one prior to being hired, and they will allow felons to apply once your conviction is over two years old, as long as its not drug related. So I've worked for them in the past and liked it so after your conviction is over two years old you might want to apply their. END OF EXAMPLE.
High hopes indeed for someone looking for free information served up to them on a silver platter.

Did I ask for advice on how a felony conviction may affect my job employment opportunities?!....NO!
Did I ask for any assistance with regards to ANY topic that might come to mind?!....NO! My request was specific.
Did I ask for personal commentary with regards to the wording of my post?!...NO!
No, you didn't ask any of those questions, but you got answers for them, anyway. Kinda like how Paul didn't ask to be called a fool yet you called him one, anyway. It's a public forum, deal with it.

And for all the blabbering and "soap boxing" you did in your judgemental post, guess what you left out....that's right...the name of an expediting company to look into or avoid.
Correct, I left out the names of any reputable expediting carriers, because there are no reputable carriers who will take you on with such a recent felony conviction.

But somehow I'm the irrational one that needs life advice from you...
More and more, it sure looks that way. It you were smart you'd take it.

can you just go away as well? Fool.
Only a fool would come into an established Web community forum and tell a Moderator to go away and then call him a fool. That, coupled with a recent felony conviction, indicates you have a great propensity for extremely poor judgement.

I do wish you luck. You're going to need it.