long time lurker, first time poster

propane

Not a Member
Greetings,

I'm a veteran to the industry and a long time lurker. I look forward to being a part of this great virtual community.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I'd like to know what that's all about. How can you get banned that quickly?? Is it someone who was banned before taking up new identity??:confused:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I'd like to know what that's all about. How can you get banned that quickly?? Is it someone who was banned before taking up new identity??:confused:

Evidently, it was someone that has already been banned trying to use a new identity.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This appears to be the great IP address banning system at work.
How does this appear to be so? How did you reach this conclusion? The reason I ask is, well, because you're wrong. Yes, the above user was previously banned, but the IP address did not identify him/her. There are other, more accurate methods of identifying someone.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
...dna?...
Yes, that's one. A FAST card with a birth certificate, Social Security card and two additional government IDs is another. So is stealthily enabling someone's Webcam and running the images through facial recognition software. LSOs (flash cookies), persistent cookies, and dedicated cross-platform, cross-domain XML files can ID someone, too. Lots of ways.