Logging on

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
Why is it every time I open the forum I now have to log on? I didn't have to prior to the upgrade.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I guess we don't get a response about staying logged on.

You may have a wait on that one.

Like the spell check, my other system with the other browsers have the issue with spell check but this one with the outdated Firefox is working great.

I still have that stupid bar at the bottom of the page which takes up screen space and beside the log in problem, I have noticed the latency with the connection to Facebook which I do not have an account, do not like the "like button" and it sometimes makes the page load very slow.

Maybe it is me and the few other people who feel this way but when a site starts to integrate into another site to get more member, it sometimes drives a bunch away.

OH I may have forgotten to mention when I click on reply, I don't get the advance editor screen - what's wrong with that??

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OH I may have forgotten to mention when I click on reply, I don't get the advance editor screen - what's wrong with that??

If you hit "Go Advanced" it takes you to the Advanced Editor screen.

It's a feature. You know, a feature. :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When this version appeared, I had to log in too, except I couldn't - hadn't done it for so long none of my guesses worked for the password, lol. Later, I remembered that Chill changed it when I had an issue awhile back, and I never changed it back, but it didn't matter, cause the next time, I was already logged in.
Confused? Me too!
Changes would be a bit easier if we got some advance warning, methinks.
O - I miss the 'like this post' feature, and these 'smiley' icons are just plain pitiful.

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
You may have a wait on that one.

I still have that stupid bar at the bottom of the page which takes up screen space and beside the log in problem, I have noticed the latency with the connection to Facebook which I do not have an account, do not like the "like button" and it sometimes makes the page load very slow.
Thanks alot Greg! I was just starting to ignore that bar until you mentioned it. That's just great! I now hope you get the music from Barney the purple dinosaur stuck in your head.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I don't believe it I'm agreeing with Greg. The end is near.
I agree with the bar on the bottom, it is annoying. The logging in issue is a pain when you have 30 or 40 differant sites with passwords, but allas! Turtle comes to the rescue. I'm reading on this now and I will probably start using it. It almost sounds to good to be true. I used to use F/Fox exclusively and then problems with some sites so now its just the google thing. I also have Windows 7 which is why I'm thinking of going Mac, Microsoft is slowly kicking themselves in the bud. They really screwed up with that one.
I have to ad that I'm sure all the changes that have taken place here on EO are designed with paying customers in mind and the forum is just traffic. Yes it is the main source for advertisers to sell their products but as far as the EO is concerned the advertiser must come first.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm using Firefox. I'm staying logged in and the bar at the bottom is gone. There must be some good reason they made this change, although I'm not sure what that would be. IMHO, it's a HUGE step backward in appearance. The old format looked far, far more professional.

Edit: I just noticed I have the bar on the bottom on the home page, but not here. Works for me...

Last edited:

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I also liked the old style. It was clearer to read, faster to navigate and user friendly.

Come on now. Obama has more experience as president than the rest of them... combined......

Not that that means much.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You guys really need to use Lastpass.

Even my 75-year old technotard stepdad uses it.

Ok, ok, I downloaded the stupid program, even though I wouldn't have had a problem if I'd switched the temp password back to my own. :eek:
My easy method for creating strong passwords is to choose a song and create an acronym from the first letters of the title & artist: PBTDLML [Paradise by the dashboard light Meat Loaf] It has always worked very well, because I know some really really obscure songs, lol, and I don't pick ones easily guessed. Still, keyloggers are a worry, I guess.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't want to add another program to replace the feature that was, I think it is something that should be fixed, as it is not a problem anywhere else except here. Other sites use the same forum software, has customized skins and has a crap load of advertisers but does not have any issues like logging in or what is considered trivial issues.

I'm getting a bad feeling that it doesn't matter what some of us say, things are just going to be what they are.