Log book ????'s

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Everything I've read says you must fill out your own logbook but I've received conflicting stories from other people. Can your co-driver fill out your log or must you fill it out?

)0( Nasmaste )0(

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I'm filling out my own logs for the record but hearing stories of teams filling out each others logs and making sure what I read was current.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I mean it's drawing lines in the book for crying out loud what's there to forge, Besides a signature?

Tomtom

Active Expediter
Spend more than a second thinking about it and you could come up with several reasons why they have this law.

Now, I know for some the thinking part could pull something but the rest of you can figure this out.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Think about this then, while still trucking, I used DDL (Drivers Daily Log), it was computer based and printed my log, for me to sign.

So handwriting is not the critical part I would think. The signature I can see, as all of mine required a signature after printing. But even then, the computer could do it, if you uploaded a copy.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Sounds like you have too much time on your hands to be worrying about another drivers log....:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Monty

Expert Expediter
tenntrucker, in my case, I do! (Have too much time on my hands)

This retirement allows me time to stick my nose everywhere! ;)

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds like you have too much time on your hands to be worrying about another drivers log....:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hey for some of us there's a reason...if you're a fleet owner or involved in safety & compliance there are good reasons to ask this question. :p

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Think about this then, while still trucking, I used DDL (Drivers Daily Log), it was computer based and printed my log, for me to sign.

So handwriting is not the critical part I would think. The signature I can see, as all of mine required a signature after printing. But even then, the computer could do it, if you uploaded a copy.
If you read the Regs, which hardly anyone does, apparently, the logs can be electronic, computer generated (such as DDL), or hand printed. If they hare hand printed, meaning anything written on the log form by a driver, it must be done by that driver and not by someone else. But yeah, it's the signature that's the important thing.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
My comment wasn't aimed at you, guess you stepped in the line of fire.....:D

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Truth be told she was talking about my log and since she is my co-driver I guess she can spend all the time she wants looking at my logs and asking questions about the compliance of our paperwork.... is that ok with you Tenn or do you need a bit more clarification here?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Truth be told she was talking about my log and since she is my co-driver I guess she can spend all the time she wants looking at my logs and asking questions about the compliance of our paperwork.... is that ok with you Tenn or do you need a bit more clarification here?
Based on that reply, I'd say it's YOU who has entirely too much time on your hands. Tenntrucker's comment was based on the available information at the time, which was that of "hearing stories of teams filling out each others logs." Post #14 further clarified it in the context of being a fleet owner of involved with Safety & Compliance. Now, you come along and inform us that neither of those contexts were the truth, that the truth was intentionally obfuscated, twice, and then get all pіssy at tenntrucker for commenting in the incorrect context.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
If you see a male s/t driver in hot pink heels and purple mini skirt say hi to spongebox...he lost the bet on this question! ;)

)0( Nasmaste )0(

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Crap. Now I've got to change clothes in order to keep from being mistaken for a S/T driver.