Locations & Banter , January 2019

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
On the subject of temperature, very warm here in TN. 54 today, we had days in the 60s last week and this weekend. But darn, I am tired of rain and more rain. Today the sun peeked through a bit, but now back to cloudy, getting ready for more rain the rest of the week.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
10 degrees outside, here at Home in Iowa...

Whatever...

It's a tropical 32 F in Toronto area, heading down to the same
Balmy 38 in Detroit..... mid 30s expected all week.... damn!....

God made ice to play hockey on, and to put in VO.
Not necessarily in that order.
If you want to fish get a boat like normal people.
giphy.gif

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the subject of temperature, very warm here in TN. 54 today, we had days in the 60s last week and this weekend. But darn, I am tired of rain and more rain. Today the sun peeked through a bit, but now back to cloudy, getting ready for more rain the rest of the week.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I swear it has been raining ever since I washed my van last week :rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went by the Blue Beacon to get the van wash and they were closed.

With my 3 month old paint job, I reluctantly let them wash mine. Didn't really want to go that route. But not being able to find a car wash bay I could fit in, besides it was rather cold out :rolleyes: I wanted to get the salt and what ever that anti-ice liquid crap is, off my van. In the end, I was glad I did ;)

guido4475

Not a Member
Went by the Blue Beacon to get the van wash and they were closed.

With my 3 month old paint job, I reluctantly let them wash mine. Didn't really want to go that route. But not being able to find a car wash bay I could fit in, besides it was rather cold out :rolleyes: I wanted to get the salt and what ever that anti-ice liquid crap is, off my van. In the end, I was glad I did ;)

If you want clean, thats the place to go. Its also the place to go if you want a dull, chalky paint job over time. Their chemicals are harsh. Maybe twice a year I'll go there and spend the 16 bucks for a wash, but I religiously wash my van myself at a self serve wash using my own brush and soap. I have a list of about 150 self serve washes that are tall and work good. It cost me between 5 and 10 bucks to do it myself. And good exercise as well.

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
If you want clean, thats the place to go. Its also the place to go if you want a dull, chalky paint job over time. Their chemicals are harsh. Maybe twice a year I'll go there and spend the 16 bucks for a wash, but I religiously wash my van myself at a self serve wash using my own brush and soap. I have a list of about 150 self serve washes that are tall and work good. It cost me between 5 and 10 bucks to do it myself. And good exercise as well.
You know, I'm fat, old & slow and have found that when I wash the van myself in a wash bay I spend the same amount of quarters and dollars at Blue Beacon for a wash. Of course, I don't tip myself so I guess it costs less in the end.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan and Ragman

guido4475

Not a Member
You know, I'm fat, old & slow and have found that when I wash the van myself in a wash bay I spend the same amount of quarters and dollars at Blue Beacon for a wash. Of course, I don't tip myself so I guess it costs less in the end.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Yes, you must be really slow if you spend 16 bucks at a self serve wash..lol...

Even though I am old and fat, or fluffy, im still quick, and in high speed mode when washing or hand waxing my van.

Reactions: ntimevan

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just give it a quick wash, brush, wax, and rinse wherever I am, until I know I’m taking time off.

In the case of time off, and in front of friends and family, out comes the shammy, waxing the van by hand, multiple coats of tire shine, a good cleaning of the rims.

I will say, I am depressed about the chips in my paint on my hood. I do hard wax it often, but wax isn’t stopping high speed rocks from doing damage. :(

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used Rustoleum and lots of thinner for my paint job. Every two years I use a product called Crud Cutter and it shines like new

(Cheapest wash is nature)

Reactions: Solar and ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ever wonder what bored Canadians do for fun? These guys are just down the road from me.

(Don't waste your mobile bandwidth, but do watch if you think pointless destruction and almost losing a chunk of ass is fun)