Locations & Banter , January 2019

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have 12 years of tax papers showing a minimum of 70k income. However, I'm "self employed" which doesn't seem to be real money...

Who knew?

Yeah, banks especially, have a hard time figuring things out with self employed. Even more so in our business. Before I applied with my bank they said, oh no problem with self employed. Good credit and income, but they focused in on the taxable income, which if they go by that, makes me look broke :rolleyes:

Reactions: guido4475

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loaded out of Elkhorn, WI for Bellevue, WA. As slow as it seems, might as well take a working vacation type, Western swing.
Woke up this morning to low/weak battery’s. Broke out the trusty Honda. It fired after about 30 pulls, -5 degrees. Inverter/charger did its thing, after dropping will have to see what has happened!

guido4475

Not a Member
Loaded out of Elkhorn, WI for Bellevue, WA. As slow as it seems, might as well take a working vacation type, Western swing.
Woke up this morning to low/weak battery’s. Broke out the trusty Honda. It fired after about 30 pulls, -5 degrees. Inverter/charger did its thing, after dropping will have to see what has happened!

Interstate Megatron plus. The only way to go.

Interstate Mega-Tron Plus Automotive Batteries MTP-78

Reactions: NorthernBill

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
-5, isn't that balmy to you? Shorts weather!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
-5, isn't that balmy to you? Shorts weather!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Wasn’t bad, with the breeze I was wondering where my floppy ear hat was!

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A successful day on the ice.....

500_F_187813114_RCKzCa66CL99WAtJ4SjGXCbmda518cbQ.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was gonna say, so that's where sardines come from

(Yes im jealous. Been 10 years since I was fishing)

I used to love fishing, still probably do, just don't make time for it anymore.
Never been ice fishing. Haven't been (porch) fishing in over 4 years.
The one thing I do miss about my old house, was having a lake in my back yard.
But even then, I rarely fished :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member
I was gonna say, so that's where sardines come from

(Yes im jealous. Been 10 years since I was fishing)

I used to love fishing, still probably do, just don't make time for it anymore.
Never been ice fishing. Haven't been (porch) fishing in over 4 years.
The one thing I do miss about my old house, was having a lake in my back yard.
But even then, I rarely fished :rolleyes:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So along with experimenting with online loans, I've been going over all the permits, rules and regulations necessary to become a Canada / US carrier.

Dare I say I'm beginning to feel sympathetic towards our suits in the office :p

Reactions: RoadTime and Solar

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Completed first load for new carrier 1885miles Missisauga ON to Saskatoon SK. Sitting at J here.. after forking out 250$ for espar service no flame detected wouldnt fire up in Winnipeg -33celsiys cold.
Of course fired up here after but was never serviced before
Hope it consistently works after this. Looks like a frigid week and most of February

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Completed first load for new carrier 1885miles Missisauga ON to Saskatoon SK. Sitting at J here.. after forking out 250$ for espar service no flame detected wouldnt fire up in Winnipeg -33celsiys cold.
Hope it consistently works after this. Looks like a frigid week and most of February
Can you run that in bond through the states or up over the Lake?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can you run that in bond through the states or up over the Lake?
I've done it once. And, been given a seal in my hand while they shrugged their shoulders

Lately they seem to ask, and pay, for it not to travel thru states depending on the load. No idea why

Oh yeah, what im doing...sitting on my thumbs

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dumb question, but can a US driver pick up in Canada and deliver in the States?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: scottm4211