Locations & Banter , January 2019

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally replaced the front transverse leaf spring. Should have done it 100K mi ago ... :dash2: Such a noticeable difference ..

Leaf spring - $285
Bushings & mounts - $100
Labor - $300
Alignment - $85
$770
Nice!

Did you by chance get a look at the alignment machine / tools they used? I had issues even getting my E350 done in Ohio, at least at the local shops ($90 for those that could)

I've been doing my own string alignments for the last several years, not on the sprinter yet tho. That'd be a lot of string

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally replaced the front transverse leaf spring. Should have done it 100K mi ago ... :dash2: Such a noticeable difference ..

Leaf spring - $285
Bushings & mounts - $100
Labor - $300
Alignment - $85
$770
Nice!

Did you by chance get a look at the alignment machine / tools they used? I had issues even getting my E350 done in Ohio, at least at the local shops ($90 for those that could)

I've been doing my own string alignments for the last several years, not on the sprinter yet tho. That'd be a lot of string

Don't think string alignments are recommended for the '07-'09 NCV3s and beyond. They used a set up that uses lights / lasers. It measures everything down to fractions of an inch and generates a print out once completed. In my experience if you're gonna spend between $70-$100 for an alignment, might as well make sure it's done correctly.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree. Spending that money, I had a few bad ones (rushed techs). Surprisingly the string alignment, favored by many racing teams, is just as accurate (done correctly). Toe only, camber / caster I have a manual tool thats only valid on a properly leveled shop floor

That's why I was hoping you saw the machine. Used ones go up on Craigslist type websites all the time, I just don't want one that doesn't fit;

Oh, anyone with a Sprinter - check out the loose rear spring thread on Sprinter source. I mentioned it here I think, but it's one of those things no one thinks to check. My "locator" blocks on top of the springs could be wiggled by hand, sure is nice to bounce around empty without the clackety-clack noises

Rear Axle U Bolt Retorquing - Sprinter-Forum

Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member

Leaf spring - $285
Bushings & mounts - $100
Labor - $300
Alignment - $85
$770
Nice!

I have had good results getting my E350 alignment done at Joe Lake Tireman on Telegraph ed in Monroe, Mi. I've been going there for 7 years. My tires wear nice and flat, straight across, not rounding off the edges. It was like 89 bucks for a 3 yr alignment. And yes, this is a complete alignment, not some half a**sed partial alignment like Belle does.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I accidentally posted this on the wrong thread yesterday.

Better stock up on food, those crops planted in January are destroyed!

:nailbiting:

6DFB9BC4-DC8E-447B-A878-2CCFD02EED8A.jpeg

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With the amount of sitting I do, I cheeseburger is the least of my worries ..
I can only dream of those days. I haven't had fries, pizza, etc. For over 3 years. I lost the weight but age (and laziness) if fighting to get it back. I gained 2# just looking at your picture. This is week 6 of couch patrol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

How about this ...??

KFC's Cheetos Sandwich sounds fun, but it's available in only parts of three states

Reactions: brokcanadian

guido4475

Not a Member
And this is why i don't miss Driving a Diesel in the Wintertime ...

That and quite a few other reasons why I dont miss a diesel in the winter.

Reactions: Solar and ntimevan