Load1 June chatter

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Why do "they" always say "its _ _ degrees in the shade??? Here in Laredo "its 109 degrees in the shade"! Of course, there isn't any shade you can park under. I can report its more like 160 degrees where you can park!!! :eek:

Please send me to Alaska... :D

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why do "they" always say "its _ _ degrees in the shade??? Here in Laredo "its 109 degrees in the shade"! Of course, there isn't any shade you can park under. I can report its more like 160 degrees where you can park!!! :eek:

But its a dry heat...

guido4475

Not a Member

Go to the state park on 20 just east of Walmart. There's a few expeditors there including a friend of mine that would love to see you're van. He is in a spartan body ford with blue stripes on it. It costs 22 bucks a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Go to the state park on 20 just east of Walmart. There's a few expeditors there including a friend of mine that would love to see you're van. He is in a spartan body ford with blue stripes on it. It costs 22 bucks a day.

I already have a site there and saw your friend's truck parked there. However, there is only one site with a little shade, and that one is taken. The rest are full sun. If you PM me with his phone number, I'll call him. But its 84 at 5:30 am already. When it gets too hot, I don't hang outside to visit, I melt very quickly because I'm so sweet! :)

I think its actually 18 bucks a day.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I already have a site there and saw your friend's truck parked there. However, there is only one site with a little shade, and that one is taken. The rest are full sun. If you PM me with his phone number, I'll call him. But its 84 at 5:30 am already. When it gets too hot, I don't hang outside to visit, I melt very quickly because I'm so sweet! :)

are the showers included for this fee?

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
are the showers included for this fee?

Yes, but you must bring everything with you, including towels & soap. The shower house is NOT top notch, but passable. Assuming Canadians can swim, you can also swim at the beach in the lake. If you have a fishing pole, you can fish too.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, but you must bring everything with you, including towels & soap. The shower house is NOT top notch, but passable. Assuming Canadians can swim, you can also swim at the beach in the lake. If you have a fishing pole, you can fish too.
no we Canadians walk on water.....LOL
ice.....hehehe

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The shower house on loop 100 is nicer than the others use it. Last time I was there camping fee is 18 bucks but unless you have a season pass it is an extra 4 dollars day use fee.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I always get the annual pass. I throw a few bucks in the donation jar too. Its nice to have this park open to us so I reciprocate.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good morning everyone..cool yet this morning and I've got bales of hay dotting the fields. Might be time to mow the lawn again!:)

guido4475

Not a Member

18 plus a 4 dollar gate fee. I fully understand melting in the heat...I hate it myself..give me 50-60 degrees anyday..my number is 440-725-5951. Give me a call later on and I will give you his. Gotta do breakfast and vitamins and then back to driving.

guido4475

Not a Member
18 plus a 4 dollar gate fee. I fully understand melting in the heat...I hate it myself..give me 50-60 degrees anyday..my number is 440-725-5951. Give me a call later on and I will give you his. Gotta do breakfast and vitamins and then back to driving.

He was out walking his furball earlier but didn't see you visible in the van so he didn't want to knock and disturb..

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
He was out walking his furball earlier but didn't see you visible in the van so he didn't want to knock and disturb..

I was changing sites anyway, throwing a shower in on the way, seeing he's parked right by the showers, I knocked on the door. I got to show him the truck and his little dog explained who was boss around here. When we both started to leak, I headed to the shower. Thanks for the intro!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Back from my quick trip up north. Wedding was nice. Weather really nice in se Michigan for a change. Mid 70s and sunny. Been rainy cloudy for like almost two weeks.