Load Transfer 486 Praticle 132 DH for less than a

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
Funney

I just got a load offer 132 at best DH to Drive 486 for less than a desired amount for a Tractor. and it was PU ASAP and Del By 2 AM Ya right.
and to boot it was a load transfer. Dh NewportNews to North Carolina then Drive to GA. Ga for a Single is no good as it suxs for a team quite a bit. Oh if I had that nice Lift Gate that would work realy good. For loads out of there then I might have thought serousily about it. Also this Friday I have to be in Richmond VA to PU Co Driver. Ill run the north East or VA to NC or SC and take my Chances.
So I said politely No thank you.

I know there is some one that would do it but ya know what
Im not running the fuel outa my Tanks, then Id be the one calling and saying boss ya gota cover me I no have no fuel monie left I was a dummy and spent it. That won't be me Unlike All of them. Now if I was in a area that I didnt want to be or in a bad load area then yes I would have did the load to get outa there. If it would put me in a decent load area, But Im not in that situation and AS Tom Clayton and Greg OOP Of Hen House and Richard Bergman say Kevin good things come to those that are patient dont be like Jeffery who can't wait

Hmm Well Im waiten and listen to them.

Besides At that price let em get Swift to do it.

Have a Safe One
and God Bless
Kevin

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
RE: Load Transfer 486 Praticle 132 DH for less tha

Not sure about the cryptic reference to the folks in your post, but the allusion to the run refusal prompts me to talk about the other side of the coin.

You seem to be annoyed that dispatch would have the gall to offer you such a low paying load. What if they passed you over for that offer, because they thought you wouldn't want it, and you found out about it later. You'd on the phone in a heartbeat to chew out the dispathers for presupposing the type of run you want.

Frankly, I'd like it if they offered the E truck driver a D or E load only; and, offered D truck drivers a C or D load only, etc. But they don't offer loads in the purist sense of unit size/load size. They will offer you an A, B, C, D, or E load, at their respective tariffs, for any number of reasons:

You might be the only truck available in a center;
you might be closest to an ASAP pickup;
All other available trucks refused the load;
You might have availble HOS where others do not.
You might have been specifically requested by the shipper;
They might have a forecast need for a tractor in the area to which the cheap freight is destined.

I suggest that you and all the on-lookers here just view these unacceptable run offers as a feature of doing business and refuse those offers that don't suit your preferences at any given moment. I, for one, would rather have a dozen refusals recorded in my truck's statistics than not be considered for one run that I'd refuse anyway.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

thats funny, I am sitting in Richmond and wonder what the weight of the load was?

marvinkwagner

Not a Member

If your in Richmond VA your surely not on the board
Maybe your in Norfolk.

Have a Safe One
and God Bless
Kevin

greg334

Veteran Expediter

nope, I just checked, I am in Richmond. but what was the weight?

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter

hehehehe.......Thats not right

AbeJr
TranStewart #6680
Stand Tall & Be Proud

silverdollar

Expert Expediter

Why are you leaning on that new Pete? is that a truck showroom?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

marvinkwagner

Sometimes I get a headache just trying to figure out what you are talking about. Finally got some of it Greg from the Henhouse, Greg and his wife drive a really gorgeous E unit that has Henhouse on the sleeper. Richard Bergman has a small fleet of trucks. Him and his wife also drive a E unit and he is a good person to know has some really good information that he doesn't mind sharing. Now I just have to decipher the rest of the post.

jwgmover

Expert Expediter

>Why are you leaning on that new Pete? is that a truck
>showroom?

Looks like one of Iowa 80's new custom showroom trucks.