Load Problems

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So your saying that these companies don't ship loads UNDER 650 miles ? C'mon man .....

No what I'm saying is that they want a team to run it, why add hours added to the transit time needed to keep in compliance with HOS rules for a solo when you just say you want a team to run it.

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I'm saying is there are many , many loads that are UNDER 650 Miles . So many times I see people posting that unless you are a team in a straight truck , you are not going to make it . That is completely false .

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What I'm saying is there are many , many loads that are UNDER 650 Miles . So many times I see people posting that unless you are a team in a straight truck , you are not going to make it . That is completely false .

I read what you said wrong the first time, yes there are loads under 650, but timing is the key, I have no problem with those 200 mile loads that pay a flat $400 or so, but because of HOS that pretty much means you won't get another load that day unless the sun moon and stars all line up.

But those 1000+ mile loads are always going to ask for a team to run it especially if the per mile rate is the same for a team or solo.

Reactions: BIGTRAIN

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Think some of the issues might be carrier related, or you are going to places where they have limited freight. Being in for just five months may have a bit to do with it, and maybe not. Some carriers are running pretty well, and some aren't. Or at least that is what I am seeing with regards to straights. No idea on vans other than rates are low because it is saturated.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'm going back out for a week Monday we'll see how things are . My show next week has been postponed due to artist illness so I'll be in service Monday out of Ohio .

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh, you weren't the only one to make that contextual error.

You were just the lucky one to get quoted. :p

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly ......he is in a straight . His OWNER is in Ohio . No idea where HE is .

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most of the ST fleet owners prefer team on their trucks. When you're the owner, you do whatever you wanna do, it's your truck, it's your business...