Load Problems

Youngguns12

Active Expediter
Been awhile since I've been on here. Looking for answers from solo drivers, but anyone feel free to answer. Is anyone else have problems with getting loads? It seems like the company I'm with isn't able to get any bids or find loads for me.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been awhile since I've been on here. Looking for answers from solo drivers, but anyone feel free to answer. Is anyone else have problems with getting loads? It seems like the company I'm with isn't able to get any bids or find loads for me.
It's tough with everyone right now,

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Need more info....
Type of vehicle ...
Owner/Operator or driver
Company ? not mandatory
Where's home..(state)?

Youngguns12

Active Expediter
I drive for a fleet owner it's a single axle straight truck and home state of the company the guy is leased to is ohio. I'm just trying to see if it just the company I'm with or what since I'll barely make three hundred dollars this week lol.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drive for a fleet owner it's a single axle straight truck and home state of the company the guy is leased to is ohio. I'm just trying to see if it just the company I'm with or what since I'll barely make three hundred dollars this week lol.
Being on a ST it's better to be team. But even so, for $300/wk I'd rather deliver pizza in my town...

Youngguns12

Active Expediter
Well that's a problem because even teams every now and then are not moving. And if they do some take short loads. But I do thank y'all for the answers. I've been out here going on 5 months and nothing has really changed. Other then when I was with my dad driving and it still wasn't great.

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
You need to look at other options . Being a solo ST driver out of Ohio , there's no excuse for that . As others have stated , it is a little slower than we would like , but Its not THAT BAD.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is absolutely no guts . no glory, no manliness in sitting out here for 168 hours a week for that pidley amount... get yourself at Walmart or flipping burger and spend some quality family time for the same money and only 40 hours a week.. Imo of course

Last edited:

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Should have realized that within two weeks . He just had to find his right fit somewhere . Quit scaring him off . Most of you are VAN drivers anyway , so that's Not a fair assessment.

Reactions: ucfd608 and Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Should have realized that within two weeks . He just had to find his right fit somewhere . Quit scaring him off . Most of you are VAN drivers anyway , so that's Not a fair assessment.
You could be correct... But he is alone in his struggles as we have seen the stories on here....

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I usually have one good week and then 2 or 3 bad weeks. I have a place that I can work full time for $15 an hour, and it's getting real close to me parking the truck and working there.

I think that the reason we solo drivers sit so much is because the rate per mile for a solo and team used to be different but there is no difference now so shippers automatically ask for a team on anything over 650 or so miles.

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I usually have one good week and then 2 or 3 bad weeks. I have a place that I can work full time for $15 an hour, and it's getting real close to me parking the truck and working there.

I think that the reason we solo drivers sit so much is because the rate per mile for a solo and team used to be different but there is no difference now so shippers automatically ask for a team on anything over 650 or so miles.
So your saying that these companies don't ship loads UNDER 650 miles ? C'mon man .....

Reactions: Ragman

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Youngguns12, you have my blessings. I'm hoping for you to get the loads in the next few days.

Good luck brother!

Reactions: Ftransit